Sign in to follow this  
Ghillie989

Desperately need help! No heat from matrix! Tried everything

As in title, i cant get effective demisting heat from the matrix!

Have replaced the matrix and still nothing until the engine is upto temperature, but even then if the car is idling it will go cold again, thought it was airlock to begin with but have done everything to shift it!

It only seems to push any sort of heat out if he car is above 3k and fully warmed up, could this be that aux water pump is shot?

I have tested it according to bentley and there seems to be life there but no real heat coming out, have checked all flaps, recently changed t stat and all sensors

please help me i cant see anything in the mornings!!!

Thankyou in advance, any help greatly appreciated

mine does that too,if i put it to two it seems to work,sometimes three.My US model i had would melt the windscreen compared to this one i have now :( d

Think mine has a tiny leak,getting sweet smell when i turn it on first thing. :sleeping:

i put a hose to one side and flushed it through with water hose.made it bit better

Think we both need answer on this. :norty:

whats the deal with your bottom and top radiator hoses IF the bottom rad hose doesnt get warm after the car is fully warmed up then its either an airlock in the system OR a problem with your thermostat?

are the pipes running into the bulkhead hot? the aux pump has nothing to do with the circulation while running,whats your cooling system like? does it flow ie is the water pump working or is the impella just siting still as they often do this as the original units are made from a sort of plastic.

Definatley sound like a circulation problem if you are only gettin heat at higher revs, as above, probably the water pump, plastic vanes broken off - not providing correct delivery rate.

Top and bottom rad hoses are getting hot, initiallY just the feed to the matrix was getting hot, but after numerous attempts to remove airlock, the return side would get warm but nowhere near as hot.

I havent dismantled aux pump because i didnt want to drop coolant everywhere! But to the touch it deffo moving, i suspected blades were mullered and therefore not dragging coolant through matrix thoroughly? That sound plausible?

Thanks for all your help!

When i was running the engine upto temp with expansion cap off, there was flow into header tank, but it wasnt alot, not worked on vr6 before but it didnt look enough, if you get what i mean? When the t stat opened it started to boil over and so obviously i put cap back on, does this sound normal?

You think there could be lack of flow aroind system?

they wont boil if the cap is off while warming up,its possibly boiling due to the lack of flow and they wont show massive flow back to hrader tank but im suspecting your water pump,they are not bad to do,so would go for that first mate.

yea the main water pump,the aux pump is to provide flow when the car is swotched off to provide flow and eliminate hot spots but over my time with them they have done nothing when the coolant sytem is pressurised and they are mounted to far up and are against gravity hence why all the newer stuff have them mounted low down in the bay.......good idea poorly placed.