Sign in to follow this  
BigTartanJudge

REMOVING REAR NUMBER PLATE PANEL

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone knows how to go about removing the rear number plate panel as I have an idea and want to try it out, any help much appreciated,

Cheers

BigTartanG60

secrewd in from the back at the top and stuck "very tightly" along the bottom . bet you £1 you dont get it off without breaking it... :lol:

I'd bet more than that, but I'm skint at the moment... :wink: :roll: :lol:

If you really want to get it off in one piece, undo the top screws and get a heat gun on the lower for a good few minutes to soften up the sticky stuff they use... I've yet to get one off intact, but someone's got to manage it at some point soon! :wink: :roll: :lol:

Not a chance mine disintegrated when i tried to get it off. Then found that the one which i had bought from the strealers some had stood on it and it was cracked.

Erm when i first got my C i removed my number plate and hey presto the was 2 screws,just removed them and it came off.think som1 had drilled them though cos body work wasnt in best shape under it-bits of rust around the holes. so sorted that out and colour coded the panel. What u thinking of doing Struan?

Cheers Fraser

secrewd in from the back at the top and stuck "very tightly" along the bottom . bet you £1 you dont get it off without breaking it...

Ooops, I owe ya a quid. Plus new plates... ...dammit!

I got mine off minus ALL of the top fixtures and a few cracks at the bottom :-(

Still, I managed to plastic weld it all back together again, colour code it and refit it in an afternoon :-)

I defo recommend colour coding it, looks fantastic :lol:

K