Sign in to follow this  
Sam.l

lupo wipers and headlight looms.....

Sorry if this seems a bit slow, but just had a couple of questions. Has anyone had any problems with their lupo wiper mod not being in full contact with the windscreen? Is it a case of bending the wiper a little in places to get it to lay on the windscreen properly, or do you need two of the same side?? (If you can get that?) My car had this mod already but one of the wipers has always smeared, or doesnt touch part of the screen.

Lastly, has anyone got any recommendations for uprated headlight looms? Ideally ones that wont start a fire or hinder the rest of the electricals. :lol: And has anyone had any problems come MOT time?

Any reply is appreciated. Thanks all.

Sorry if this seems a bit slow, but just had a couple of questions. Has anyone had any problems with their lupo wiper mod not being in full contact with the windscreen? Is it a case of bending the wiper a little in places to get it to lay on the windscreen properly, or do you need two of the same side?? (If you can get that?) My car had this mod already but one of the wipers has always smeared, or doesnt touch part of the screen.

Lastly, has anyone got any recommendations for uprated headlight looms? Ideally ones that wont start a fire or hinder the rest of the electricals. :lol: And has anyone had any problems come MOT time?

Any reply is appreciated. Thanks all.

think you need two drivers side wipers for it to work properly... Don't know as i have the originals myself

I did the Lupo conversion and had to bend my passenger side wiper arm but now they both work brilliantly.

I also have a really good headlight loom from DG Autotech. Really pleased with both these upgrade.

i changed my wipers to lupo uns last week,2 drivers arms and a passanger and driver blade.not had to bend mine.got a loom upgrade off ebay for about £40 and it works fine

When i get back im gonna check through the history to see what the previous owner ordered from vw. Have spent ages trying to bend the blade to sit flat on the screen but it just wont, not 100% anyway. Will have a look into the dg autotech looms, do you know how much you paid and was it alright to fit?

Thanks.

Also, with regard to the headlight looms, does anyone know whether they'd be pretty generic across all corrado's or are there different types for the vr6, g60 etc.

Thanks again peeps. :)

Am likin the sound of the original loom staying intact and no chopping. Will have a look through the thread. Thanks 4eyes2wheels!

I have two lupo wipers and had to bend the p/s one; still has no great contact though...

I wouldn't pay for an uprated headlight loom. You can DIY for little money... just buy relays, fuses, wires and spend a couple of hours doing it correctly ;)

Sounds like the same situation as me, its the passenger wiper that isnt in full contact. More bending required methinks.

With regard to the headlight looms, I have read some of the threads on making your own, but electrics are not something i know very much about at all and ive heard too many horror stories of smoking looms/fires, and general electical bustedness. Think i would rather leave it to someone who knows what they're doing. Just need to save a bit of monies first.

My passenger side wiper also doesn't make full contact - I get a funny triangle/arc style pattern middle to top of the sweep. I too have bent the arm but still isn't great. I was thinking of inserting something between the blade and wiper arm to get a bit more contact at this point of the sweep but so far can't think of anything which will work. Any ideas? :shrug:

As for headlight looms do get a proper one as this cuts down on fire risk. On the forum there's a guy called Kurzy I think who does them and they're good.

Yeah the fire risk is whats stopping me from attempting it myself. Ive already been recommended Kur2y's looms so will have a look into those aswell. Though the DG Autotech ones do look sweeeet :)

Sounds like we could possibly doomed to be constantly tweaking the passenger side wiper in order to get an even swipe! So this problem sounds quite common?

Mine wipe fine, always have and i've never had to bend anything.

I'll have a look at mine tonight and get you some part numbers if you like?

Mine wipe fine, always have and i've never had to bend anything.

I'll have a look at mine tonight and get you some part numbers if you like?

If you would that would be excellent as I'm doing this soon too.

Yeah thatd be great mic_vr, I can check then if its been one wrong wiper all along :)

Thanks.

The other potential issue is the standard of replacement windscreens you sometimes get. I almost think the curvature on the passenger side isn't quite right but I've only ever run Lupo wipers with this replacement screen.

Ok my setup is as follows:

Lupo Arms x 2 - Part no. 6X2 955 410C

IMAG0114.jpg

Wipers x 2 - Part no. 6X2 955 426A

IMAG0113.jpg

As you'll notice both sides are exactly the same setup and they've worked like that perfectly for about 4 years (well with a couple of wiper changes obviously....)

Hope that helps.

Great mate, thanks for that. Will check the part numbers against mine after work to see if i have indeed got one wrong wiper :) Thanks again.

Checked the invoice form VW for my lupo wipers and the wiper arms and blades match up exactly with yours. Is the windscreen on your C original? Got a feeling mine has been replaced at some point in the past and have heard that sometimes the curvature (is that how you spell it? :) ) is not exactly that of originals. Not sure of any other reason my passenger wiper is so rubbish at wiping the screen! No amount of wiper bending will get it to give an even sweep across the screen either. oh well...

just a thought but are your wiper blades identical? in that mine are both 19 inch blades but on looking more closely the bit were they attach to the wiper arm (that square block bit) on one blade its about 50/50 in the middle but the other blade its about 55/45 slightly biased to one side but not enough that you'd notice. both of my blades have different part numbers too 6x2955426 and 1j2955425b. i bought my car with this converison already done so i don't no if mine is 100% correct.

Slight question in general about the lupo conversion. Am asuming that the wiper arms and blades from the lupo just replace the standard setup? reason am asking is i went into halfords yesterday as my wiper blades need replacing and using the guide book it says the lupo has the old fashioned style blades not the newer aero blades. so i asked one of the part monkeys as i couldn't find the blades i wanted (i showed him one of my wiper blades from my car) he then looked it up on the computer and told me the lupo never came with the aero blades. i then had to explain it was actually a volkswagen corrado but with a lupo wiper conversion on but it was done by the previous owner so i didn't no much about the details of the conversion. he then told me again that the lupo never came with them blades and the previous owner must of lied to me. i then decided to walk out of the shop, :censored: useless people.

Yes my screen is original but my original wiper setup was so bad that I changed to the aeroblade set the day after I bought my C! Lol

I know people call them lupo wipers but I believe mine are mk5 golf wiper arms..... I'll check the codes on etka if I get a chance.

Sam, any chance of a video of what your passenger side wiper is doing. The aeroblades are designed to give constant pressure so it'd be interesting to see what's going on with yours.

Yeah will try and get a video up when i can, would be interested what your diagnosis would be if you have one :) pretty frustrating to be honest! Havnt checked if my wipers are identical, just assumed seeing as they are on the VW invoice, will check that and the individual part numbers aswell. With regards to the Halfords incident, i assumed mine were aero wipers from a lupo gti, but am not so sure now you mentioned it. Again, i was told this by the previous owner.

Thanks.

My lupo wipers are both drivers side ones and work perfectly, been on over 3 years and i've just bought the first set of replacement blades.

Highly recommend the DG uprated loom; it works as good as it looks! :grin: