Sign in to follow this  
junkie

Early VR's

When did the 1st VR's come out?

What was the spec on them?

I'm looking for a VR that has the late style body work but has the early interior, not sure if one exists or not?

I got a 92 valver late body and earlier interior, hth lol... very cool imo

Yep totally agree. The early interior is so much nicer and fits the whole 90's much better yet the later styling is better looking car.

I changed mine to late door cards for a bit but went back to keep it original. looks better for it. all black to ftw. Got some rs200 seats to fit, not sure yet but they are awesome comfy lol

i have a 93 vr, late body, dash, door cards....but has early seats. I think the later seats look more modern/nicer, however having had both the early seats really fit my body well, really hug you and hold you in, the later seats i tended to have some movement in. Proper mismatch my car.....haha

I can't think of anything in the later style interiors I like if I'm honest, the seats look out of place and boring with the choice in trim material, too much curvedness in the dash controls compared to a pretty square car.

I can't think of anything in the later style interiors I like if I'm honest, the seats look out of place and boring with the choice in trim material, too much curvedness in the dash controls compared to a pretty square car.

I quite like it tbh, but then I drove a mk3 for the previous 4yrs before getting my Corrado and the dash is very similar

I prefer the older dash.

Didnt Campaigns have early style interiors too?

Yes they did.

Thats because they were made July 1992. Delivered to the six winning dealers in August 1992.

Irrelevant but i really want an early fuel tank (looks better from behind) and early heater controls... nice oldskool feel!!

My car is October 92. They announced the VR6 in July and I thought hmmm I'll get one after I come back from hols. Prior to that I was planning to get a G60. So i got a later dash but its still got a deeper spoiler. What are the other differences you are referring to? There can't be more tham a hundred VRs with the early dash.

I know of a silver VR with the early spec interior and fairly low miles if you're interested. Nothing to do with me - just one that I know of locally although for you that would mean a trip to the Isle of Man to pick it up!

Irrelevant but i really want an early fuel tank (looks better from behind) and early heater controls... nice oldskool feel!!

Christ how low do you run if you can see the fuel tank!!!

After driving the Mk2 for the last two days it makes the Corrado feel like a new car. Im amazed there from roughly the same era. I never liked the mix of Mk2 trim in the early cars, the later trim suits the car a lot better. I think the green started when it was offered on the Mk3 Golf as well so around 93/94.

Presumably an original VR and not a converted valver etc. PM some details please.

As far as I know matey.

I honestly don't know much about it tbh. It was last for sale over here a couple of years back when it had about 80k on the clock. Cloth interior I think, obviously a 1992, silver, pretty decent nick, fairly standard, early interior. Think it sold for around £2.5kish but don't quote me on that!

If you're serious it would be a case of me lobbing a note under his wipers as it's literally a few minutes away from me.

Christ how low do you run if you can see the fuel tank!!!

After driving the Mk2 for the last two days it makes the Corrado feel like a new car. Im amazed there from roughly the same era. I never liked the mix of Mk2 trim in the early cars, the later trim suits the car a lot better. I think the green started when it was offered on the Mk3 Golf as well so around 93/94.

Yeah pretty low tbh, need to come up with a solution for the vr's sump before i lower it anymore...

Mk2's just feel ancient and brittel to me inside because of the dash and the rattles! I love looking at em but dislike riding in em tbh. You've got a nice one though mate... :D

I prefer the later style dash, just seems more comfortable if that makes any sense.....

Although if the interior is tidy and well looked after then the early style can look smart too.