Sign in to follow this  
fla

interior locking switch?

I'm thinking of getting rid of the doorpins completely (well actually they're out already...) and fitting a locking switch to the front doors. Is there a simple way of doing this, somehow connecting to the locking circuit? Not sure where i'd mount the switch though. Ideas and thoughts welcome.

think you're right. I've got a set of 4 switches from a passat so i'll butcher one from there. wrt wiring - do you know which of the wires from the switch go for lock and unlock without setting the alarm/immobiliser?

I've just done it to my car. All I did was use a power window switch and connect the 3 wires of the door handle in this switch. Trial & error will tell you which wire locks or unlocks.

Here you are a pic

dscn7502n.jpg

thanks for that krnau. Where did you mount it? That looks like the door pod, if i'm not mistaken, but on the later interior the electric window switches are located here

thanks for that krnau. Where did you mount it? That looks like the door pod, if i'm not mistaken, but on the later interior the electric window switches are located here

yes, that's it. My C is an early one...

I've seen people placing the central locking switch in the centre tunnel but personally, I don't like it

My central locking switch is mounted next to the headlight switch. Looks ok. It's a newer style window switch.

just to clarify, I have one switch per door, so that the passenger can lock/unlock the car if I'm not there as some petrol stations are becoming dangerous at night.... really dangerous :nono: that's why I always keep an iron bar next to me :norty:

Ok, looks like i've misplaced the spare window switches i had - does anyone have a spare set, or even just a single (passenger) one?

thanks