Sign in to follow this  
hyland770

does anyone else...

....not drive there corrado when its raining!!

its not that i dont want too, i really do, BUT..its just rained and if i drive it now it will get all dirty and its really clean atm! am i sad!? :lol: need to move to LA where it hardly ever rains then i could drive it all day 8)

.. am i sad!? :lol:

Yes! :) 150k miles, rain, shine, snow mud etc, etc. Its a car, not an ornament :lol:

don't worry hyland - I'm with you mate - I'll always take the gf's car if it's raining - can't really enjoy the driving experiance when roads are wet and car in front is spraying you in filth!

this morning was perfect driving weather by the way. Dry road and nice cold thin air - engine says 'MORE MORE'!!

can't really enjoy the driving experiance when roads are wet

I'm the other way, I prefer driving in the wet! I like playing with the varying grip levels.

I'd be a complete loon in a 4WD car constantly trying to the back end out :lol:

And mine is also a year long car, although this year I think cold weather tyres might be an idea.

Rain, mud etc i dont care about. The car gets dirty (I actually really like a car thats mawkit - good scottish word for you). The only thing I hate is wet salty roads, you just know no matter what prep you do it will still start it evil corrosion nonsense.

That's where modern cars with their 4 million year corrosion warranties come in handy!

Having said that, I was working on a 2007 R32 not long ago and noticed that had started corroding in places underneath already....

I hate leaving the house in the rain let alone driving. Once it gets dirty its months before i clean it again where as if it stays reasonably clean then i'll wash it once a week lol.

lol im glad im not quite the only one, i just cleared my garage out for the sole reason of being able to get the car in their when its starts to snow in the winter, time to waxoil underneath me thinks!

Ive just done the underside of the Mk2 with some Por15 sealant and its much better. There was a thread on clubgti about it with a link to a guy that did some test using similar stuff and waxoil was not very good.

nah, again sun or rain i love driving it. Snow on the other hand i dont like so much, petrified of the possibility that some idiot will slide into the rado :( oh and i hate driving on slippy side street in the rado, again terrified of sliding into the kerb or something.

Speaking of corrosion, the stone chip seems to have got water under it and has peeled away from the sill, dreading salty road season :(

Rain, hail, sleet or snow I'm out in it. It's my one and only daily driver. I've had it for thirteen years now and it has never let me down. I have my little quirks about maintenance and things but water will never hurt it. Really, what is more important, the driving and enjoyment of a C or a slight smear on the paintwork.

Might I suggest that the driving of an almost unique car is next door to heaven. Bu**er to a small rain mark on the bonnet. My tuppenceworth.

I also drive my Rado whatever the weather. She actually seems to like going out in the rain, I think it's because the air is cool. She gets most tempermental on a hot summer's day. :lol:

Snow on the other hand i dont like so much, petrified of the possibility that some idiot will slide into the rado :(

That happened to me Feb 2009. Someone doing a u-turn and bumped the rear. Damage wasn't too horrible thankfully... and then some t**t hit my car in the middle of the night, doing quite a large amount of damage and promptly drove off. So my go-to body shop did me a good deal to fix both lots of damage. I think Jimmy felt sorry for me... Looked brand new when he'd finished.

I've got a weird one.............................

My original is my daily and needs to get me into work so come rain snow sun she is always on the go..................I then have a 4x4 Corrado which I should drive to work in the snow but I don't :nono:

Last year the original did well hump back bridge at Lechlade and cars were sliding everywhere......................1st gear give it some and the original flew over it

ok not all good a few miles down the road i was doing a 360, but that was ..........................................fun......................NOT scary it WAS