Sign in to follow this  
Rams

Porsche D90'S What adaptor size

Hi folkes

I have rolled and pulled arches and recently purchased a set of 195 45 16 D90's 7 jay front and 8 j rear, car will soon be on coilovers but I need to order adaptor and decide what thickness they need to be as someone is interested in buying my Storm wheels..... I ve had a good read through and 35mm on the rears and 30mm on the fronts seems popular but these were on standard arches just with the lip rolled. Mine are flared and want to get a nice wide stance and gain the benefit of flaring the arches. Could I get away with 46 on the rear and 40 on the front? Or 40 mm all round?

I need to order the adaptor spacers first thing and my storms wheels might be going on Wednesday??

Cheers in advance

What are the current offsets? You thought about trying to source some 8's and 9's instead for the wide stance you're after? Any pics of your arches or how much they're flared?

if you have 8j d90's and intend to use a 46mm adaptor the et would be 6.3...a 40mm adaptor on an 8j d90 would see an et of 12.3...

my 8j d90's run on 25mm adaptors with no arch issues whatsoever but do not poke at all.. poke being the look i assume your going for.

my rm's are 8.5 at the rear and are et8, these poke quite a bit...however i dnt think there would be any arch issue's if they were rolled..

would really help to see your arch's..

if you have 8j d90's and intend to use a 46mm adaptor the et would be 6.3...a 40mm adaptor on an 8j d90 would see an et of 12.3...

my 8j d90's run on 25mm adaptors with no arch issues whatsoever but do not poke at all.. poke being the look i assume your going for.

my rm's are 8.5 at the rear and are et8, these poke quite a bit...however i dnt think there would be any arch issue's if they were rolled..

would really help to see your arch's..

Pretty much this.. Also how low are u going to run, the lower u go the more the back wheels will camber thus creating more clearance.

The arches have the lip rolled and the crease flared so there is just a rounded arch. Its flared inline with the existing arch to form a nice curve.

I dont want my but cheecks to kiss the ground, but lower than what you would class as sensible with slight gap between tyre and arch.

I have ordered H and R adaptors, 40 mm and order 1 set so I can trial them out on one side of the car and worse case senior they can go on the rear and if they are too wide for the front I can order 35mm or something, or indeed, if they fit the front and have some more clearance then I could order 45mm for the back. Hopefully It will work and looks good, they are special order so they cant be returned.They should arrive at the same time as the coilovers so my car will look totally different and will tie in all the mods. Looking forward to them ariving! Would still be interesting to know if anyone is running 40mm on the rear with an 8 j wheel / tyre with flared/rolled arches without any rubbing?

i think i had 30mm at least for the rears with 8's, and they were perfect, so 40mm should be good as you have flared arches

(note: my memory isnt the best :lol: )