Sign in to follow this  
dubber lister

newbie help plz

new to the corrado's and kr system too.

iv got a 1.8 16v and it takes some crankin when cold when it does fire its lumpy for a few secs.

iv disconnected the 5th injector and it seems no different .

any ideas guys n gals.

any help peeps its getting worse everytime i dip the clutch while driving the revs drop and it cuts out.

iv had the isv soaking in carb cleaner all day and this made no difference iv also changed all the vac hoses around the airbox.

sounds like it may be a fueling issue to me but im not a mechanic hehe, I had a similar problem with my old valver - had to adjust a screw somwere if i recall - not much help though im afraid as it was a while back. mabe somone could sudgest were it is :p

Had a similar problem on my Passat VR6 - checked out lots of stuff including cleaning the ISV etc.

Turned out it was sucking in "false" air, so might be an idea to have a look around to see if it takes in air it's not supposed to......Mine was a bit better when the engine was warm - but still not good.

can you smell raw fuel from the exhaust after starting?

check all air hoses are attached and havent got holes in them. The idle screw rubber sealing ring does perish over time so might be worth replacing.

Check condition of dizzy cap and rotor arm,check ht leads

it could very well be the fifth injector.since you unplugging it made no change shows you its not working!check the wiring and do a ohms check on the wiring. then check injector itself. had same prob with my mk2 gti turned out to be a loose fifth injector wiring and high resistance(corroded).