VR6 Lee

VR6 Lee - Corrado VR6 Storm Mystic Blue Build thread

the annoying thing is though that for some reason my handbrake does not sit in the middle of the gap,

Any suggestions????

Over time the hand brake gets pulled towards the driver and ends up off centre. Just bend it back gently as to be central once more.[/quote:24w9jyeg]

I had a feeling this would happen over time, will have a go when I get my full console back!!

Tonights only job

Old falling apart steering wheel removed and replaced with a nice clean one :noteworthy:

Just planning jobs for weekend.. hmmm!!!!

Friday,Saturday jobs (November 4th/5th)

Old bonnet release cable snapped, well clip did on handle so had to purchase complete new cable. Jon_vr6's fault :D Joking!

Not a hard job now we have done it but still 3 hours from start to finish which included setting bonnet pins.

£43.00 from VW :mad2:

5358dc42.jpg

>New steering wheel fitted

Bit annoyed as only just realised that its a plastic one and not a leather one, but hey it will do

79c588ef.jpg

>Bit of a clean around the batterys home and air box as it was getting mucky

Found a tooth as well under the battery... what the hell is that doing there...lol :shock: :shock:

c7a0e61f.jpg

>Beesting aerial put on, def need to replace the base as it has lost its colour

c233cb36.jpg

>Front wiper arms removed and waiting for new aero wipers to arrive next week

0c24abd6.jpg

>New console fitted (Fits like a glove) :D :D

Handbrake re-centered so fits perfect in console

549350f4.jpg

>Removed rear speakers to make way for new In-phase 6x4 speakers which should arrive next week

55dcc1a1.jpg

>Uprated headlight loom (Sundays job)

:clap: :clap:

Think something is missing on my air filter as it does not clip together.

This is what it looks like, can someone post up pics of theres

IMG_0030.jpg

That section should be held by two screws..If its loose on yours it could be missing. If its not sealed properly it may affect your running as air is getting in through the gap ?

That section should be held by two screws..If its loose on yours it could be missing. If its not sealed properly it may affect your running as air is getting in through the gap ?

Need some pics

Anyone got any of these screws that are missing from the above pic? just noticed mine is missing aswell.

cheers

still waiting for pics

anyone

New jobs done

>New uprated headlight loom fitted

>Heated seats repaired +working... just need to get bulb in switch working now

> Old locking nuts removed (Nightmare with out a remover) New Mcgard ones fitted

> Sunroof seal repaired

> New ignition switch installed - Works like a treat now

> Rear of car sprayed.. no more rust

> Replacement Rear RHS speaker plastic repaired as parcel shelf clip had snapped

>Aero wipers installed at front

>Plastic runners on roof removed and sprayed in satin black.

>New petrol tank straps removed and replaced with nice powder coated ones...:))

Just need to decide now on engine

Do I get

VR6 engine fully rebuilt

Install v6 4 motion engine

r32 lump

r36 lump

What do you think boys and girls

What's wrong with your engine?

No history what so ever on engine

148k on the clock

Multi oil leaks

Erratic idle when cold

Having gone for a Storm i'd keep it broadly stock, so stay with the VR6 for me.

Thats the dilema.

That's the decision I had to make. In many ways I wish i had just sold mine and bought a non Storm model to modify. Part of me thinks it's like defacing a classic, the other part of me thinks that there are plenty other Storms...

I chose to modify it, but I haven't done any non-reversible mods. (it'd take a while to put it back though!)

Still finding it hard to decide.... If I put in a V6 4 motion I take it the value off it will go down

As then its not a storm modified...lol

Still finding it hard to decide.... If I put in a V6 4 motion I take it the value off it will go down

As then its not a storm modified...lol

Is a storm really that much higher value than a non-storm? I'd put it a few hundred pounds higher but is that enough to stop you doing what you want to the car? And a more modern evolution of the same engine would be fine in my opinion. It would certainly make it more enjoyable to live with and definitely better than a fubar engine.

Although I have to say that if I bought a storm then I'd keep it close to standard; certainly standard wheels, maybe lowered, maybe red rears, but that's all. However. I think supercharging or turbocharging the VR6 would be ok and I also think a 2.8 24v or R32 would be ok because it's an evolution of the same engine. I'd suggest something like a 1.8t would devalue it though.

Storm R32. You know you want to...

Keep it standard and enjoy it for what it is.

You could probably buy a V6 4motion (car attached) for less than the conversion anyway.

Drive it a bit before you make any decisions.

What's wrong with your engine?

No history what so ever on engine

148k on the clock

Multi oil leaks

Erratic idle when cold

FSH is meaningless anyway, so i wouldnt worry about that. I would do the following (keeping it standard as OSV suggested):

Get a compression test done to verify the bores are ok

Get the front off and identify the leaks - its not too hard, you'll probably be able to see the main ones, then you'll be left with some minor ones which dont drip oil (like i have too) you can probably correct in the summer

If you cant see them, do thsi: degrease the whole area, sprinkle some talc on the block. The oil leaks will show up from the paths in the talc. Clean up after replacement

Idle has been covered quite extensively - MAF, isv, vacuum leaks, ecu reset, coilpack and leads

Try these first then lok at things like valve stems - even thats not too bad, heads can be picked up quite regularly from here, which you can have rebuilt at your leisure.

In the meantime, i'm sure you've done the basic of changing the oil, air oil and fuel filters, flush and refill the coolant system, check and replace discs and pads. At least you then have a reference point.

All corrado's should be standard :) and that includes ride hight :)

£2800 for a vr6 engine rebuild, that price is average from psi, d&g,awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bin shelling out the Dollars.

Drive it, enjoy it, It breaks then fix it.

You're not going to devalue it by putting a new engine in (so long as it's done well) as Corrado enthusiasts will know the inherant cost of a VR rebuild. The only thing will happen is that (heaven forbid) when you sell it, your market may be slightly more limited (Taking into account new potential Corrado owners who may be put off by a non standard engine).