Sign in to follow this  
W3RKD

isv re-route.

I think I'm getting it...

When you refer to the map sensor.. if charger is ported etc then sns chip used.. does this partly/resolve the problem?

Or am I well off!

While I would assume that the sns chip gives you a good map, and the car is set up correctly, so that you wont be pinking, ultimately that does not effect the boost bleeding scenario.

The MAP sensor is not replaced when the fuel map chip is changed.

We still have lots of work to do on this, but we will sort it ! maybe removing the isv is the answer like the euro boys do ,maybe not until we know for sure we will continue to work on it. we have some diagnostic equipment coming that will”I feel” be the key to the door in explaining this once and for all and them maybe getting some code written to sort this out. Who knows? Just save the money and don’t think a boost re-route is going to stop this happening IT WONT.

Any more news on this Darren?

John

MAP sensor runs out at 1bar,, therefore ecu opens isv to bleed boost,, only way round it would be different map sensor with the ecu mapped to the higher boost levels? or maybe aftermarket ecu & MAP sensor

Ok guys we have been doing a lot of research into this as this happening have been evident since the g60 came out. All isv’s bleed boost “FACTt” they are not leaking / faulty so by fitting a re-route kit etc is crap “in our opinion obviously” as steve says in the other post all you are doing is creating an open boost circuit as the car will be overboosting more of the time as you putting it back in etc.people who recomend these should really understand how these things work. :p

Here’s how the idle stab valve works on boost if I understand it correctly.. :oops:

The isv will open when the inlet manifold pressure[AKA BOOST] is above 0.8 bar and vent excess boost either back down the boost return pipe[ not good as this will be hot used boost] or as we prefer through a small k&n breather filter.[This is a separate issue with blanking off one side of the charger etc etc i write about this next. 8) ]

Ok so if any pinking is detected, the timing will be retarded by 3 degs for the cylinder affected. The timing can be retarded as much as 12 degs to reduce pinking. The maximum difference between two cylinders is 9 degrees so I have read in the vw tech data.

Now if the ecu still is detecting pinking after the timing has been retarded by 12 degs it will now open the isv and vent boost via this method. The ecu will then start to advance the timing in .3deg increments at a time until the ecu is happy again

Once the ecu is happy there is no pinking it will be returned back to std boost and normal fuel map will be continued….

We still have lots of work to do on this, but we will sort it ! maybe removing the isv is the answer like the euro boys do ,maybe not until we know for sure we will continue to work on it. we have some diagnostic equipment coming that will”I feel” be the key to the door in explaining this once and for all and them maybe getting some code written to sort this out. Who knows? Just save the money and don’t think a boost re-route is going to stop this happening IT WONT.

BUMP :roll:

We still have'nt heard anymore on this issue, has this testing come to anything Darren?

Goodridge - there are quite a few other large threads knocking round as well.

I'm not intentionally being a git but there is a lot of reading!

Goodridge - there are quite a few other large threads knocking round as well.

I'm not intentionally being a git but there is a lot of reading!

Yea i jus read a load of them. But there are NO definitive answers anywhere mate!! Darren said they were working on sorting this bleed off problem, that post was months ago, jus wondered if anything had come of it.

John

I'm not sure there is a definitive answer!

What alloys are best?

Should I lower my car?

Should I buy a VR or a G?

etc

can the problem tehn be overcome by chnaging the map sensor

Yes sam it can ! We sorted these issues out years ago. I belive you now have the appropiote map sensor sorted also.. :wink:

Yes sam it can ! We sorted these issues out years ago. I belive you now have the appropiote map sensor sorted also.. :wink:

Darren.... Do you now have more chips to match different MAP sensors??

yeah appropriate map sensor on it way once potatonet sends it, really am going to have to speak to you over the coming months regarding bigger injectors 50mm pulley and a remap for 22psi, are you available saturdays ?

The Eprom has nothing to do with the map sensor ...

The Eprom has nothing to do with the map sensor ...[/quote:6caf2]

I realise this mate, but surely more boost requires more fuel?!

Well.... in my understanding a map sensor gives a voltage output dependant upon pressure..... but a 2 bar map is going to reference say 0v at 0bar, 5v at 1 bar. A 3 bar will have 0v at 0bar, 5v at 3 bar.......

So the eprom will have to be programmed to reference the correct value

Just soldering in a 2.5 or 3 bar map would require an eprom written for that map sensor.

Or have i got this all wrong?

To be honest i'm only speaking from my experience with standalone systems such as Efi Technology, emerald and Motec.

The tables on the eproms far exceed the standard map sensors cababilites all the SNS maps have enough fuel to exceed 18psi of boost on a g60. because of the way the maps work with there coding the map sensor will stop the dreded 1bar over boost bleed and the eprom with still be able to fuel the extra required.

early Golf Rallye ecu's do not bleed the boost and these are the ecu's used in development of the SNS uk Eproms

Not quite following this,but just had my belt changed and it came back from the garage with the idle at 1200rpm is this related anywhere,have they missed a plug out or is it summat else,cheers.(g60)

Not quite following this,but just had my belt changed and it came back from the garage with the idle at 1200rpm is this related anywhere,have they missed a plug out or is it summat else,cheers.(g60)

Which belt has been changed (not that any of them should be able to effect idle)

The tables on the eproms far exceed the standard map sensors cababilites all the SNS maps have enough fuel to exceed 18psi of boost on a g60. because of the way the maps work with there coding the map sensor will stop the dreded 1bar over boost bleed and the eprom with still be able to fuel the extra required.

early Golf Rallye ecu's do not bleed the boost and these are the ecu's used in development of the SNS uk Eproms

So..... Back to topic

Are you saying that you can simply change the MAP sensor without changing the chip to allow more boost?