Sign in to follow this  
ddubalicious

Anyone know this car?

Don't know the car but saw it the other weekend when I was at Storm... and it looks a good'un!

They had some serious cars in there!

isnt that woodys old g60?? looks identical, he had a stg 4 charger, fmic, toothed belt kit, the same smoothed roof and handles. was running 212hp. hes on here and the car was local to dorset. he had it serviced etc at jmr in sussex. iirc he sold it for aspprox £4200? not lost any money then?

Ahh... Woody.. that's right. Was trying to remember who's I thought it was!

Are they original Lm's? If so, you got a good deal i reckon, the price difference between the real thing and the fakeys is like the difference between an 8v and a vr... ALOT lol

Thanks for the replies gents.

After looking at the pictures of woodys car I would say that it is not his old car.

The number plate is not recessed, the spoiler is different, and the door handles are different.

Although the front bumper is off an Audi and seems to have had similar work done.

And sadly no, the LM's are not genuine. Would have been good if they where.

I see these is a split between opinions on the front bumper and interior. Do we have an OEM crew and a mod crew on here then.

I dont think I have ever owned a car I have not modified and I am not about to stop with this either!

Thanks

D & D

Modifications on the Corrado do generally split opinions quite strongly here. All levels of enthusiast are represented here.. from bone stock original, to lightly fettled (suspension, wheels, etc), through to way more ambitious engine work, down to full on interior and exterior modification. We even had a guy who made a full on dragster out of his.

Modifications on the Corrado do generally split opinions quite strongly here. All levels of enthusiast are represented here.. from bone stock original, to lightly fettled (suspension, wheels, etc), through to way more ambitious engine work, down to full on interior and exterior modification. We even had a guy who made a full on dragster out of his.

Thats good to know, for one minute I thought I had found myself among a bunch of OEM monsters, not that there is anything wrong with that, lol.

Anyway, upon further investigation I have found out that this car was indeed woody's old car.

See here download/file.php?id=23411&mode=view

Number plates are the same.

But it is a mystery about the bumper being different.

I know the car was recorded cat c in 2007 so that might have something to do with it.

Maybe I should PM woody and see if I can get anymore info.

Thanks

Memorys pretty hazy but not sure if woody sold it to someone in Brighton, either way when the car left his possession it was near identical to now bar the wheels. he spent a small fortune on having the Audi handles fitted and the interior is a one off re-trim and also has the audioscape pods. He had the whole car resprayed in christhur h, and what with the roof and the bbs' it was sold on in the rolling road pic. I have videos on my pc of it being mapped at ray west tuning making 212bhp with toothed belt kit, Audi intercooler and potted charger etc. I used to see the car all the time as it was just up from my at the time girlfriends, and we drove down to Sussex as I had some work carried out by jmr too on my old g60 who did nearly all the mechanics on this car. I nearly put that up for sale to buy this as it was a bargain when he sold it. I know it was never a write off when he had it so the previous owner must know something? but 4k for a write off is a strong price considering I don't think it sold for much more than that years ago? still lovely looking car tho!!

Thanks for the info.

Yes the pricer is strong, but so is the car!

As you know, its had a lot of work done.

I have since discovered that the cat c was due to rear quarter panel damage, insurer decided to cat c it due to the costs involved.

I have copies of letters that went between the previous owner and the insurance company, the previous owner was trying to stop the insurers from writing it off.

Yes that is my car. The orignal bumber which is shown in the "Woody's project nosejob" thread had the RS4 bumber as at that time the RS2 was differcult to get hold of 8 week lead time where the rs4 was a week. I knackered that bumper and then waited for a RS2 which was then swapped over. I would be intrested what it is now running as when I had it remapped and it came out at 212 BHP is was at ray west tuning, be intrested to see why another remap was undertaken ( more modification ). I wish I had kept now :(