Sign in to follow this  
Bazmcc

What colour would you paint TT comps?

I currently have TT comps on my car and could do with a bit of a refurb. 1 has a bit of a gouge in the paint where I dropped an exhaust on it way back when I first got them. When I bought them there was a few light kerb marks on a couple of them so I've decided it's time to get them painted as soon as I decide on a colour. I'm not fussed on really bright colours as the car is all black and Twilight violet. I don't want to polish them either as I have fully polished CCWs on my Bora and don't want another set of polished wheels to look after.

Any suggestions for colours?

DSC07272.jpg

TT comps always look better in the standard finish, maybe its because the spokes are so wide?? maybe pick out the side of the spokes in an anthracite finish??

I've been thinking of getting another set as they fit over my brakes easy and have seen pics of a white mk3 with white TT Comps. They look amazing. I like the contrast of white against my blue.

TT comps always look better in the standard finish, maybe its because the spokes are so wide?? maybe pick out the side of the spokes in an anthracite finish??

agreed - if i had another set i'd do just that with the side spokes, perhaps a black or dark blue.

I've been thinking of getting another set as they fit over my brakes easy and have seen pics of a white mk3 with white TT Comps. They look amazing. I like the contrast of white against my blue.

Good idea - the twins need to look the same Matt :wink:

Chrome powdercoat? Not exactly chrome but more a really high shine bright silver... Easy maintenance too.

Pics of bora please lol, If I bother to modify my rado like the last one I want some classics!

Cheers for the suggestions.

I've not really been a fan of dark wheels either usually but I think the big wide spokes on the TT comps work quite well. I had thought about doing the faces silver and the inside of the spokes colour matched but I'm still not sure. I run the risk of it just looking like the wheels are dirty with brake dust all the time. However, might be worth getting a spray tin and doing a test run on one to see how it looks.

8vMatt - TT comps fit over R32 brakes. We test fitted them. They're one of very few 17" wheels that clear them.

A friend did a little photoshop job for me with black wheels, tinted headlights and tinted indicators and fog lights.

3.jpg

Here's my Bora.

edition3.jpg

edition1.jpg

4989201975_bf8990fcf3_z.jpg

do them black one side and leave one side silver, see what happens

Four different colours, one on each wheel... "Colour Concept" wheels :D

On a serious note I far prefer them standard rather than coloured.

8vMatt - TT comps fit over R32 brakes. We test fitted them. They're one of very few 17" wheels that clear them.

It was more luck than judgement on my part about the TT Comps fitting over the Cayenne Brembos I picked up. I thought there wouldn't be any issues with any 17" wheels! How wrong is that! Lol.

Guys I've decided to just got for good old silver. I just need to get the right silver. It'll probably be the same as the porsche twists which is like a satin silver. They always seem to have a real nice finish so hopefully I can do something similar. Just need to get some spares on for a few days to get them done. Might even wait until the xmas hols so I have some time off.