Sign in to follow this  
polskisklep

Headlights

Im trying to find yellow tinted headlights but can only find angel eyes or standard. Is there a company that sells yellow tinted headlights or do i have to tint them myself using a film?

Would need to be done using film, unless you can find lenses / lights from France ?

See the following links:

http://yellowheadlights.co.uk/

(Video guide for application of films)

It also appears that there is some uncertainty regarding the legality of having yellow headlights, see here:

The Road Vehicles Lighting Regulations 1989

SCHEDULE 5

REQUIREMENTS RELATING TO OBLIGATORY MAIN-BEAM HEADLAMPS AND TO OPTIONAL MAIN-BEAM HEADLAMPS TO THE EXTENT SPECIFIED IN PART II

7. Colour:

White or yellow

But then:

EU law states that since 1995 all head and side lights MUST be white

Then there is this:

SI 1989 No. 1796 said:

The Road Vehicles Lighting Regulations 1989

SCHEDULE 2 (Regulations 18 and 20)

PART I

REQUIREMENTS RELATING TO OBLIGATORY FRONT POSITION LAMPS AND TO OPTIONAL FRONT POSITION LAMPS TO THE EXTENT SPECIFIED IN PART II

7. Colour:

White or, if incorporated in a headlamp which is capable of emitting only a yellow light, yellow.

However, if headlight has been made yellow using film, then technically if the yellow film can be removed it's not legal.

Bit of a grey area I think.

Before I bought my bulbs I found on another forum a letter (late2009) from VOSA stating you can use white or yellow beams, mine has always passed its M.O.T. fine

Before I bought my bulbs I found on another forum a letter (late2009) from VOSA stating you can use white or yellow beams, mine has always passed its M.O.T. fine

Technically, as bulbs and film to change the beam to yellow are not actually part of the headlight, I'm pretty sure if they were being anal enough and knew that it wasn't OEM they could probably do you for it, but yes, you should be alright.

But as I said, it's a bit of a grey area.

I think your after some laminex.. comes in the colours your after. I think there is a guy on here that owns the company. Riley i think.?