Sign in to follow this  
stormseeker

1st year of Corrado ownership...

this is probably massively tempting fate, but....

Had my Corrado VR6 for exactly a year today - and so far the only things to have gone wrong are the headlight switch and a stuck open thermostat. ;-) (where's that smiley for touching wood...) Oh yeah, and the water pump needs replacing...

(Apart from the £4500-worth of accident repairs, that actually cost me £650 in insurance excess... :shock: :-( :-( which actually took the car off the road for 9 weeks, so strictly speaking it's not had 1 full year's worth of driving... )

The only other things I've spent on it are 4 new tyres, oil, filter, 6 new plugs, K&N air filter, headlight loom, alloy door pins, alloy gear knob, crystal side repeaters, high level LED brake light and Nik Patel's frosty rear-cluster film... about £500 in total - not bad at all I reckon :)

Oh and some corrado.net stickers too.... :-) :lol:

That's good going! I daren't even think about how much I've spent on mine over the year I've had it :(

She's worth it though :lol:

K

i know how much I've spent, have written everythin down on a pad.

In eight months, I've spent 2621.34.

To be fair, more on upgrades then repairs. :)

In the one year I owned my last Corrado, I forked over about £1800. That was from Jan 2002 -> Feb 2003. And that wasn't including petrol or insurance! Oh, and none of that was on mods.. just repairs.

And when you don't exactly earn a huge salary, it makes things very very difficult indeed. I wish I had a real interest for bloody Ford Fiesta's instead of Corrado's... not the cheapest of motors to keep on the road are they!!

It'll all be worth it when I get to roll along to some events this year though in my new C :D