Sign in to follow this  
big ben

heated seat loom help

i have fitted the heated seat loom finally in my car, but i dont know where the connections go in the fuse board. I have the plugs on the end ready to connect in, just need the numbers of where they connect

found this thread so far http://www.the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewto ... +seat+loom

Still not sure where to actually connect them though after all that? the blue/grey cable is only the illumination so can go in wherever there is similar cables so that isnt so hard, but no idea where the black cable is meant to go, any ideas?

CE2.gif[/attachment:1hrl952p]

around D9 area, but i wont be soldering it in so not sure where it just plugs into in?

i can have a look later on this evening. From memory is it on a green plug?

that would be good thanks. I have a blue/grey cable with a grey plug on the end which i believe is the ilumination, and a solid black cable with a green plug on the end which must be for power?

not sure wat time i will get home 2day as its other half birthday. I cant remember if it plugs in fusebox or i have a funny feelin there might be a spare plug loose that it plugs into. I will get my manual out when i get home though.

Have you got the Bentley manual? In there it will tell you what track (the E, G, H etc letters) the power and earths come from.

As you can see in the diagram, the connectors are all different and can only go in one way, so get off your butt and get out there and connect it up :lol:

At the end of the day mate, it just needs 12V and a ground. I'm sure when we put Heresite's loom in, there were literally only 3 or 4 wires at the fuse board end.

:lol:

knowing my luck i will blow something up, and it wont be the fuse :lol: and no havent got a bentley, really need one to

and i only have 2 cables with connnectors. The earth is bolted in next to the relays? might just go chuck em in, hope for the best...

well that was a nightmare! pulled the fuse board down and its impossible to see around the back to start with, any more pulling would of broke something and thats the last thing i need right now... couldnt see where on earth either cable goes, couldnt relate the board to the drawing what so ever, then couldnt get it back in position even after swearing at it really loudly :lol:

so first attempt not very successful :lol:

sorry mate. Been away for couple of days. Will be going to my parents 2mo and will look in bentley manual. I do remember that it was a pig. You just have to be gentle and forceful with fuseboard. Sorry for delay in lookin. Mark

Very good guide here (scroll down for Corrado VR6):

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=44637.0

D9 was a good shout - the D plug is the ususal place for 'luxury' electrics in CE2. It does seem to share the pin with a lot of other stuff though, so some splicing may be required. Alternatively, there may be some other unused ignition lives on the plug.

To get the plug out of the fusebox, if it's anything like the MK2 Golf CE2, there is a plastic guard that runs along the centre of the rear of the fusebox (left to right, between the top and bottom rows of plugs). Slide this across slightly, and you will be able to remove the plugs without resistence

just got my dad to look at manual. He said it says that it connects to a single plug behind relay panel. Which seems to ring a bell with me. There should be a green plug with nothing plugged in which you can plug into. Which should be connected to fuse 14! If no spare plug find a green one test that it goes dead with fuse 14removed solder it to that. The earth goes onto the round earth confection point next to fusebox in front of door. Are the cables colours earth brown and the live black or maybe black yellow.