mrginge

Corrado VR6 - Already Modified

This is the lastest motor i have got my hands on, and its here to replace my Golf. Btw i know it not clean but poop happens at this time of year.

DSCF0310.jpg

DSCF0320.jpg

DSCF0321.jpg

DSCF0322.jpg

Its had a ton of work do in the engine bay and it is currently running around 230bhp. The engine sounds great as the exhaust system is a 6 branch into a full Miltek job.

People thought my 16" Venoms were iffy, how about the 17" Momo Arrows? As the pics show the front splitter is a bit screwed but i dont see the point in changing it anytime soon as it hits the entrance to my car park.

So im going to be throwing £££ at this thing now, mainly at the fuel pumps but you get over it.

btw Im a younger brother of 'kerrly' one here (He owns a Nuggart Yellow G60) so i have met a couple of people off here at Castle Combe and E38 '10.

Momo Arrows very retro now!!!

I remember buying a set new for my G60 back in the day 8)

Then I changed them for BBS Rc`s,that was in about `96 :shock:

Grant Motorsport P+P Head, 263/264 Cat Cams, P+P Intake manifold + Throttle body, 6 branch and Miltek system, proberly other things have added to it. Plenty of servicing and maintenace can help.

Storm Developments RR it and 229bhp (Will try and find the printout to scan it) and that was with the worn bottom end which has now been replaced with a much fresher lower milage one.

As for the Momo's, i think some people wont be a fan of them but i had more crap for the Venoms on my Golf haha

:wave: Hey dude, u've met me at both events...so is that u replying but signed in as ur bro on the last post?

BTW, Id be interested in purchasing/swapping rear lights if u wanted to get rid of... :D

Chris

Yo Kris, hows you and the motor?. Yeah i was signed in as Dave on the last post.

I'll be keeping the rear lights as they suit it nicely.

Mike

I spent a fair chunk of Saturday afternoon treating the paint on Mikes corrado. Started off with 2 washes with standard car shampoo, then it was G3'd and had all the tar spots removed (there were lots!). Gave it another wash down before it was left to soak.

After shampoo an rinsing it was time to dry an wax, 2 coats of meguiars Canuaba wax, 1 coat of sealer and 2 coats of polish and the paint looks so much better, feels so smooth and the colour really flips from purple to blue. Shame that by time i got the camera out the clouds had come :(

DSC00494.jpg

DSC00495.jpg

DSC00502.jpg

and a few with mine, what a contrast a early standard car and a late modified one are!

DSC00497.jpg

DSC00496.jpg

DSC00503.jpg

DSC00505.jpg

DSC00500.jpg

DAVE

Hi fella,

cheers dude, i was straight into cleaning mode after you left til the sunset.

Reckon yours will look great with those sebrings and the suspension kit on!

dave

Hi fella,

cheers dude, i was straight into cleaning mode after you left til the sunset.

Reckon yours will look great with those sebrings and the suspension kit on!

dave

And most importantly a wash!

Looks really good man, the wheels have a good offset & give your car a good stance. Good shot to compare the front splitters as well

Yeah Dave/kerrly did good.

Yeah side on my car is only slightly lower on coilovers due to the 17's. They got enough room so they never scrub, the fronts don't have the arch liner in though.

Cheers for the positive comments.

Bit of an update, just booked the car in for a going over and remap at DG Autotech on the 4th January . Me and my bro (Mainly) talked to Dave at DG at a track day at Castle Combe and i was very impressed and believe it will be in good hands.

Also i bought a new set of wheels, Azev A 16x7.5, so i should have pics of them fitted soon.

And on the 29th January the car will be on the rollers at Alton Automotive with the Club Polo lads so i will have a new up-to-date chart.

Mike

Will u be leaving the storm badge on?

For now, its been stuck on a little over the top by the previous owner - the same reason my new plates are in the car and the stupid german ones still on.

Looking good 8)

Like the US-spec Nugget G60 as well, I take it that it's LHD ?

Yep thats my bro's: kerrly2 . Its currently off the road for work and he is in my Golf which is on some bbs's now so he doesn't have to worry about remarks over the Venoms haha

What are the plates stuck on with dude? I had to take mine off sharpish when I got pulled by the feds, WD40 seemed to work quite well :)

Not sure exactly but its some very impressive glue/seallant haha

Need to get a heat gun on it i think, atleast whatever mess is left will be hidden. Im really not looking forward to touching that Storm badge and not screwing the paint.

Went to DG Autotech, very happy! Dave their was very 'impressed' with how my car was running considering the amount of fault codes and other issues :lol:

Basically:

- my thottle position sensor wasnt working due to a broken wire,

- My intake temp and fan switch were round the wrong way lol,

- ISV dead

So the loom was fixed, the sensors were plugged into their correct places, New (Used) ISV, and reset the idle position as it was compensating for the screwed ISV.

And to finsh the job once the faults were sorted a custom Remap. Made the 100 miles after more fun.

Very happy!

Like it 8) Best thing to do with a new Rado- take it to DG for some magic ;) Make sure you come along to some meets this year- should have a few going on :)

Its nice reading positive comments. good work.

Re the badge, If you use a heat gun and evenly warm/heat it up and start pulling an edge, the tricky bit is pulling gently as you warm it getting as close to the edge thats lifting and be patient. Your fingers get hot though!

You will also be able to sell the badge for good money if you clean it up properly. Otherwise, If you damage the paint removing it, just protect the paint again and stick it back on?

Yep, DG are spot on, due the the thing running correct im getting much better MPG now, the mfa before read about 16/17mpg now its 24/25mpg.

I can only get to a few meets a year due to working nights, but thats how i got the dollor to buy the thing haha

The badge and plates are a joke tbh, grit fill has been used to stick them on grrrr