Sign in to follow this  
Tattie

What type of subwoofer to buy??

Hi folks,

installed my new stereo bits, Alpine 9813 (4 x 60 watt max output) + boot changer, Boston FS50 components in the front and JBL GTO 6"x 4" in the rear. Sounds nice but not enough bass

I was wondering what everyone recommends. I don't want to loose too much boot space and I don't need the noisiest mo'fo either! I know of the infinity bass link and of course seperate amp/sub/box combos.

cheers

I have had Rockford Fosgate for a good few years now and find them hard to beat, never gone wrong and it gets some shit but likes it!

As an audiophile choice the Focal Utopia series is blinding but expensive.

Chris

Been reading through ice'n'secure bcos im soon to be fitting new sounds, my standard tweeters and door speakers snd ok so im upgrading the rear 6x4 then putting a 8" sony sub with built in amp in boot-(as its small and should fit)

I was wondering what maximum size sub can be used with out removing the spare wheel??????

What 6x4 's people reccommend?????

Buy Perfect 10's or perfect 12's

Also if your interested I have 2 amps for sale. A 1000W Kenwood Mono Block Amp for Subs and a 600W 4 Channel JBL GTO amp of your interested????

i just bought a "phoenix gold" 10" sub off a mate for 20 quid.

he assured me it was a good speaker.

and it is! it sounds really good.

just got a hifonics 12" sub (power from the gods) and hifonics amp very powerfull compared them to a friend 12" rockford dvc mine sounds better

I'm just building a boot enclosure including 2 Infinity Perfect 12's in a sealed enclosure, 6.5" Focals in Audioscape pods in the front and 6x4 Infinitys in the parcel shelf supports. 0 Guage power cable from the battery to a 2.4 Farad Power Cap, then all powered by JBL Power Series Amps -

SHE'S GONNA ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Standby ear defenders

Thanks for the enthuseastic response guys,i didnt explain that i jst want reccommended rear mini side speakers as this is all im buying, i think there 6x4s going by what ive read on the forum. not interested in mega quality snd and certainly dnt wana mutilate my cars interior. already have the small carpeted sub so that shld suffice cos of the spare wheel i can see how id fit much bigger,

SHILAKADADDY - i guess ur anti-sony fair enough i would be too if i didnt get half price equipment.

Oooooooh only 100 miles left till my G-Werks charger is run in.........its been e depressing 400 so far.

sony ain't the worst equipment around or anything like that... they're just way over priced.. you pay for the gimmicky shapes and features which do nothing for the sound. But if you get it for half normal price then thats ok I guess... although if you can get other makes for half price too then I'd look into seeing what else you could get :wink:

Edit: Actually I should limit these anti-sony comments to the X-plop range.. they have done some fantastic high end equipment in the past. However these aren't the most profitable, so they don't tend to do it anymore :(

Inifinity do a VERY nice set of 6x4 (yes, that's the correct size for the rear standard speakers) two way speakers... not mega money either, but have a VERY nice sound to 'em for the cash... 8)

has anyone fitted the rear 6x4's with a sub ?? is it worth it ? can you hear them ?

i've got components up front and a rear sub , just seems a waste fit tiny 6x4's :?:

yup, got my Basslink in the boot with JBL 6x4s in the rear and JBL components up front... fills in the rear nicely...

I have, however, fitted a pair of capacitors onto the rear speakers to kill off all the bass frequencies so that they can handle the louder volumes that I want them to without just flapping about trying to make bassy sounds while there's a nice sub next to 'em! :lol: Makes a nice difference... 8)

I have, however, fitted a pair of capacitors onto the rear speakers to kill off all the bass frequencies so that they can handle the louder volumes that I want them to without just flapping about trying to make bassy sounds while there's a nice sub next to 'em! :lol: Makes a nice difference... 8)

word.

mid tweets, yeah.... just the low end bass removed so they're just making the mid and top end noises they're best suited for... I went a little bit mental with the capacitors though and bought pro audio grade ones which retail at about £8 each! :crazyeyes: (I didn't pay that though! ;) )

I work as a broadcast engineer at a radio station... I got 'em off one of my suppliers "for evaluation purposes"... ;)

I used 220 micro farad capacitors...

Details are HERE 8)