volksworld13

corrado door dilema!

corrado doors, fitting , adjusting!!

i just thought i make a point of this as i have had trouble in the past swaping rotten or damaged doors with good second hand ones, the door was no way near lining up back of the door to body, i want to replace the doors on my storm with new ones, but i dont want the hassle of cutting hindges and re-welding them, or using a porta pack to bend the hindges on the door ,as that them seems a bad idea, what experiences has any of you got when fitting these doors, and if any of them did fit ok without adjustment. all doors and bodies must be very slightly out of size?

and what adjustments does it state in the bentley manual?

some of your thoughts will help as im half way between buying new doors or not !

corrado doors are pretty heavy and will sag over time. Whether this is at the hinge or the frame i dont know but I cut some n-shaped shims and placed them in the door hinge. This meant i didnt need to remove the door completely just to loosen the top bolt, slip the shim in and tighten up. Its been like that for about 6 years now with no ill effects. HTH.

hi guys, i have about 5mm play in my drivers door, it shuts/opens fine but you can see scrape marks on the sill where the bottom edge of the door has been rubbing,any advice on what to do about it? can you press out the hinge pins? cheers..

corrado doors are pretty heavy and will sag over time. Whether this is at the hinge or the frame i dont know but I cut some n-shaped shims and placed them in the door hinge. This meant i didnt need to remove the door completely just to loosen the top bolt, slip the shim in and tighten up. Its been like that for about 6 years now with no ill effects. HTH.

Yep same here, done it on 2 Corrado's.