Sign in to follow this  
easypops

Will this headlight switch fit? YES IT WILL

ive got a mk2 one on mine fella fitted by the previous owner fits perfectly

Good to know mate thanks :D

I compared a Corrado switch to a later (post 87) MK2 switch the other day and the pins on the back are EXACTLY the same. All that VW did with the Corrado was redesign the switch face and turn it sideways :-) The MK2 switches seem smoother and sturdier to me, though failures with the dash dimmer switch (and leaving with you with no dash lights) are common.

Well the mk2/jetta lightswitch arrived today, and as stated above its a straight swap(except the L shaped locating lug, which was promptly removed)......works perfectly and does seem sturdier than the original (which'll be getting repaired thanks to daves16v).......so its a thumbs up from me :D

how does it look fitted? Does the logo light up? I've got a Mk2 switch in mine which is a solid unit, less flimsy than teh origianl VR one, but doesn't look as nice! Plus the logo doesnt light :shrug:

I've only ever seen mk2 switches that don't have the illumination that the corrado ones do, a pin or two less on the back of the unit, rest of the pins are the correct configuration though.