Sign in to follow this  
Silverfox

Poorly VR6.. Would this cause my problems?

My VR has been a bit under the weather, sounding like its misfiring generally not very happy, doesn't rev very smoothly and starts jerking and bucking in 3rd 4th and 5th gear, idle is lumpier than usual too, leads seem fine, coilpack too, will check plugs when i get that extracter tool thing, reading other posts I tried disconnecting the MAF (engine died, I take it thats what its supposed to do) but checking around I found this split in this hose and I don't know what it is, any help guys? Would this cause my probs??

Cheers

Eug.

Hi Eug,

Don't know whether this helps, and whether I've been told a load of bull, but the garage I went to, said that it's the

breather hose from your fuel tank... Mine's split as well, but I haven't had the problems you've had. I want it replaced

anyway, it's repaired with just electrian's tape atm, and everything's a-ok.

Cheers,

Rica

Cheers guys, I'll attempt a temp repair in the morning and see if its any better although with Rica's being the same I can't see it helping my poor running

thanks again

Eug.

Its the breather hose from the cam cover to the inlet manifold.

If it's split, unmetered (and unfiltered...) air will be drawn in by the engine.

Can't help the running...

Well I repaired the split today but she still runs poorly, any more ideas?. It's sounding like a V12 at the minute, anyone near me want to run it through vagcom? :? before i despatch it into my local garage,

cheers

Eug.

After a closer inspection of the plugs and also the HT leads I was thinking that they may be the source of the problem, greenish corrosion happening on both ends, so after reading other threads I thought I'd just pop in my local stealers and get them, they said a couple of days and at the most 3 for new plugs, leads and the metal hazet tool to arrive, fine I thought I'll fit them at the weekend but they phoned me friday afternoon and said the tool's arrived but the plugs and leads could take 2 weeks to arrive :shock: GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! and the worst thing of all is I've already paid :x

Bleeding Annoying thing of all is I start a new job in Milton Keynes on Monday (over an hour drive for me) and I was hoping to resolve these probs by then!!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR again and again and again :oops:

At least I got the leads and plugs yesterday fresh from germany, fitted them y'day afternoon and what a difference, it was really starting to get me down having a misfiring car but its a joy to drive once more, thanks to everyone who helped us out.

Eug