Sign in to follow this  
Neokitz

Corrado at Furburs (midlands)

I have a few dismantlers and salvage yard sites saved as bookmarks on my pc. I found this one today. Its at wjfurbers in the midlands. It doesn't give much in the way of details and looks to be sold complete or maybe parted out. no price either so you would need to phone and ask.

http://wjfurber.blue-sock.com/pages/page_2.php?value1=%&value2=%&value3=Salvage%20:%20Cars%20and%20Light%20Commercials&value4=make&value5=160&page_type=&mode=detail&ID=65391

Neo

furbers at prees

that will be a car for sale, either cat c or d.

Agreed. If it was at their site in Whixall, it'd be Cat A or B

furbers at prees

that will be a car for sale, either cat c or d.

Agreed. If it was at their site in Whixall, it'd be Cat A or B

not striclty true,

cat a cars can not be used for parts in any way, normaly down to either a fire and the chemicals given off by the burning process or a fatality in the car

CAT A crush only

CAT B parts only can not return to the road

CAT C AND D unecomical for insurer to repair but can be sold on to be privatly repaired.

ive always prefered the cars from furbers at childs ercall, but then againmy uncle grew up with the owners from there so we get a good discount.

havent being for years though, wonder if the steel wide arched renault five shell is still there?

had being altered to take ford 4 x 4 turbo running gear

no it was blue one.

same shade as they did the raid edition in i think it was

like a dark metalic

Not been to either of those Furbers for years. I used to love walking around the one in Whixall (used to live in Whixall). You don't get to walk around places like that much any more. Bit rubbish really, as there's nothing more satisfying than finding a solution to a problem using of cars parts :dorky:

I got a Cavalier turbo leather interior from the site in prees a good few years ago. I agree, it was a fantastic place to look around. Got many an idea spurned on by seeing all the cars in various states. Most salvage yards have gone down the route of more security and I think health and safety plays its part as well. parts are stripped and stored rather than you going round with ya spanners and climbing up 2 layers of cars just to rob the heater controls off a mkII golf. :tongue: