lion

What earth?

Hey everyone, for a while ive had probems with my music in my car, all ways hear my exaust through the sub, was told it was the earth.

Recently had battery relocated into the boot, I thought that making the battery as my earth would stop the feedback, but no, still as bad... Where else can I use as a decent earth

thanks Ryan

iv recently had problems with this, it was more a problem with my head unit earth than the sub earth so i relocated it from the fuse board to the earthing point in the drivers foot well, I still get some feedback though. if you do get a suppressor fitted be good to see if it works.

you will get not better earth than directly to the battery.

do you get any other feedback such as the fuel pump arming etc?

Will look into the supressor later on, will try re earthing the head unit as that seems a cheap fix,

yeah I do get some feed back from indicators, pump and a few other bits,

even when I turn the sub off via the head unit, the sub still vibrates(only when car on) so will attack head unit next weekend and see what's the story

also keep your phono cables away from your amp power cables

That's ok for me cos amp power goes straight to battery in boot lol, stil going to do sterio earth on weekend

exact same problem i was having dude, just trace the stereo earth to the fuse box and cut it there so you can earth it to the earthing point under the dash next to the bonnet release.

I made a rookie mistake in my Polo. When i folded the back seats back into place i crushed the cable in the hinge :epicfail: . Not knowing this, i drove it and it was like i had an exhaust soundtrack comin out my sub :lol: Sounded beefy but very annoying

You hear your exhaust through your sub? :scratch:

Surely you mean alternator whine?

Sounds like dodgy RCAs to me. Use the factory earth point for the head unit because car makers group together earths in specific places for a reason :wink:

My battery is relocated also and get zero inteference.

exact same problem i was having dude, just trace the stereo earth to the fuse box and cut it there so you can earth it to the earthing point under the dash next to the bonnet release.

would it be sufficient to leave this as is and just run another earth from the point by the rhs vent to the hu?

would it be sufficient to leave this as is and just run another earth from the point by the rhs vent to the hu?

whenever I've had this sort of issue in the past its been fixed using a ground loop isolator in line with your phono leads. about a tenner from maplin or Halfords...

this is from the phono leads to the amp or from the HU to the phono leads? Or doesn't it matter? Not much space by the HU though!

Would this affect the amount of bass from the amp at all?

this is from the phono leads to the amp or from the HU to the phono leads? Or doesn't it matter? Not much space by the HU though!

Would this affect the amount of bass from the amp at all?

doesn't matter where you put it but the amp end is usually easier. This will not alter the amount of bass you get at all...

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/ground-loop-isolator-vw43w

bit pricey, ebay is probably your friend...

great, just ordered something similar.

Next issue - i can only pick up certain stations on FM and almost none on MW - what kind of booster (or otherwise) would i need to cure this?