Sign in to follow this  
joeyboswell

getting a tow from the aa

Now after a while of stress-free ownership my car has decided to play up. My VR started to shake today and run rough. It was late so couldn't look into it but I'm not happy driving it. It's long overdue for the chains so I'm looking on just getting these done with whatever the new issue is. I don't want to drive the 80 miles to Stealth really so I was wandering if I could get the AA to take it there. I have the full cover (except the parts and labour cover).

Is it a case that they won't unless the car will not move, or will the AA man who comes out judge whether or not they will take it up to my preferred garage?

I doubt they would take it there unless the car was broken down, it depends on your cover if you have national recovery you can choose where it goes otherwise it a local garage AFAIK.

I don't think it is broken down but it was pretty horrible to drive and I could see something possibly going wrong soon. I have the full national recovery but it's just if they are willing to accept it shouldn't be driven.

Abdul...I'm in Potters Bar now (still not in proper London yet) and probably should take it to Torque but I've heard loads of good things about Stealth and I want somewhere that will give it a good look over and see what else is up with it. It seems like it is starting to go to shit since I moved down south and I haven't had the time to look after it.

I had the RAC out to me as i had a wheel bearing and CV joint going, was rather noisy and didn't want to risk it so they took me on the back of a flatbed for the 80 mile journey home.

Didn't even take any convincing. I would assume thats what you pay the membership for surely? Your car, they do what you'd like if its not working properly.

Upto you chap, they are good though i assure you, the main mechanic is pretty cool with me so he'll extra care of you.

As far as checking the car out etc he'll check it as thoroughly as u ask him too!! They're good, have a word with em first at least! As usual tell em Abdul sent you.

Not getting too drastic but if your took of your auxiliary belt the car would be undriveable and when mine snapped I got towed to where I wanted. Very unlikely the AA man will have a vr6 belt in his truck?

Not getting too drastic but if your took of your auxiliary belt the car would be undriveable and when mine snapped I got towed to where I wanted. Very unlikely the AA man will have a vr6 belt in his truck?

Lolz I like it!

Depends on cover, if you only have Relay they'll only tow you 10 miles or the nearest garage, no matter what the reason. If you have the full cover then sure, they'll tow it to the garage you tell them to take it to ..

AA said it needs new HT leads which is probably right...I'm just keen to get a lift up to Stealth so I told them I wasn't gonna wait another day whilst they ordered the leads so begrudgingly they've towed it up today. Should be at Stealth now. So finally getting the chains done and a few more bits whilst there. Getting a courtesy car for 3 days over the weekend from AA too. The tow alone would cover my annual fee, and car for 3 days on top...can't complain really.