Sign in to follow this  
carrots

impact wrench

i was doing the strut tops on my car the other week and i borrowed a cp battery impact wrench,wow what a great tool but very expensive.has anyone bought the cheaper uns off ebay.i wouldnt mind 1

Yes, first of all remember impact wrench uses lots of power to remove nuts so if you will buy cheap one internal parts will breake very soon. Bought one of ebay for around 30 marks, did the job but after using it to remove suspension bolts few times everything inside the wrench broken in parts. After that bought myself 24v sealey impact wrench, not the cheapest, but not the expensive one as well but its great, used it many times since and never let me down.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Cordless-Impa ... 230ab12f58

That gun looks like exactly the one my friends bought at his work , he got them for £85 each. They have been so handy i wish i had bought one at the time. They last a long time on the battery which is suprising for £85 it was a steal. They are great for jobs at home! They have taken some abuse and both of the guns are still working fine :D

I bought one of the Challenge Extreme electric ones from Argos. Done the wheels loads of times, top mounts, shock bolts and so far its done ok. About £20 iirc so even if it lasted one year it would have paid for itself.

either - i connect it to the battery directly though, dont know how much current it draws and how much the cig socket can safely take.