Sign in to follow this  
carrots

cheap easy to fit alarms

hi has anyone got 1 off these easy to fit alarms you see on ebay and in argos etc,ive got a toad imobilizer fitted but wouldnt mind something easy to fit and cheap aswell.something with a shock sensor

We fitted one from the 'bay into my mates mk1 MR2, simple enough to do as it provides colour coded wires and a handbook, it included a shock sensor, door open switches, remote central locking and auto lock etc, it all depends if you're happy cutting your loom up. The previous owner of mine clearly enjoyed cutting up mine....

I put one on my old motorbike, it was fine as a deterrent (touch the bike and it beeped and so on) but anyone who really wants to take something will take it, even more so if they are pro's...An alarm sticker in the window and red flashing LED probably provides the same amount of protection I would think.

have been thinking of doing this too.. the daily i've bought currently has no alarm or door locks!

weighing up options of fitting de locked handles & an alarm with central locking or fitting handles with locks and tumbling them.. just not sure what's the best option at the moment..