Sign in to follow this  
Rams

Need a shelter for the C

Hi there

I don't have a garage to put the c in unfortunately. I wanted to offer the c some protection against the elements.

Has anyone designed a timber enclosure of sorts or has any ideas what I could do?

I have an area on my driveway and was thinking of 4 posts into the ground, featherboard fencing around it with a plastic style roof?

I think most of these sorts of things are for humidity control and dust protection inside a building (there are other types too, using a tubular frame instead) , you might just be better off with a decent quality car cover like the 50-60 quid jobs from halfords.

I am not sure of someone is trying to damage my cars? Ive had my van keyed, I had my company car jumped on!! Yes, drunk twats that decided to jump onto the bus stop and land on my car roof! Once I ran out with a 9 iron in my pants...... they soon ran off.

Since then, I've spent a few grand on a sliding cantaliver gate so it has no guide rail in the ground... in preparation for a low car...... Its a clever system, a 3 foot support beam cemented deep into the ground allows the gate to side with ease to open and close it. Blocked paved the drive way etc. The gate is tall enough that you cant see over. I feel more at ease when I know the car is behind the gate and safe from people seeing. Plus when I get into bed, I can see the blue alarm led flashing. Sad to say, its like a heart beat! lol! But the other week, I saw some paint missing on the roof, looked like something had been thrown over and slid along the roof and over the rear screen and the marks dissapear.

I did see a bit of pointing that had come away from the roof of my place, but still the way the marks are indicates that its might have been something coming from the other way? So I just want to make sure that the car is protected against falling debris in heavy winds and some of the hard frosts.

I just have to save up for an electric motor to operate the gates to save me getting in and out all the time to open and close them. I have actually dreamed or day dreamed about someone trying to damage my car and what I then had to do to them! So I want to protect myself and my car so I don't have to do any time by her majestys service. Im sure if anyone caught someone red handed damaging their car they would be hospitalised! I would be looking at making sure they could only eat through a straw for a long time. But im angrey from all the other damage thats happened to me. I know of other neighbours that have had things happen but its always drunk dickheads. I live near the town centre and Bournemouth is quite a party town.

So need to have something ready in the next month to house my baby..... I have purchased 3 different cctv systems, probably spending more now that a decent one to start with but my neighbour is happy to split the cost as his house is opposite. So if anyone can recommend a good cctv system that works, ideally one that I can remotely log into a see whats happeneing it would be appreciated. Also, I can keep an eye on my dog as she has a dog flap to come in and out whilst im away. My dog does scare people away with her loud bark.... In the moring, the kids and parents now cross the road when they get near my gate and you hear people scream when she barks. lol

I even debated a few times on sleeping in my van on a friday night to catch the bastarts but there havent been any other issues for a while. My transit is a shed and I think its dying. Today it gave a lound engine rattle and a sudden smell of oil as I was pulling up to stop. I put my hands togther and said, shes finally died! Did what I had to do and jumped back in, fired up and the engine is fine..... The thing just wont die! My new transit arrives in the next week or so, but its my only transport at the moment so I need to keep it going. Thats why driving the c is just bliss compared to my old tranny.

My dad is Egyptian plus I have a light beard! Need I say more.... lol I shouldnt joke about this really but im sure its received in good faith. If my sister had anything to do with this post she was throw the human rights book at me! But thats her job