Sign in to follow this  
timmaaah

Bent an alloy wheel - are they repairable?

Luckily in the missus's pug - we've some shocking roads out our way and an encounter with one has bent the inside rim to the extent that it will not hold air.

Is it fixable? What kind of cost would be involved? Anyone know a good wheel referber in Norwich?

Cheers in advance

Timmaaah

you can get it bent back into shape. round about £50 + VAT i believe form preistine alloy wheels in bucks.... however it does weaken the material. personally If it's that bad i'd scrap it and either buy a new one or get a good secondhand one just incase anything happened to it.

theres ian jemison in york if you can botherd with the drive? He repairs rally porsche's and does wheel repairs? Im sure hes got a web site if you google him.

As delfinis says I got one of mine repaired at pristine in woburn, they did a good job and rebalanced it for me, it costs 45 per wheel to do and the mark where the dent was was only really noticeable on the underside, think they painted over the chip from the dent too but cant remember, hth! :)