Sign in to follow this  
poofpaddy

spoiler doesn't raise on acceleration

Hi everyone its probabley a common fault so sorry for asking but new to the forum

My spoiler raises and lower by manual switch but not when accelerating....pls can anyone advise

I appreciate any help.

Thanking you in advance Marc

it'll rise when you go of 56mph and drop back down when the speed falls below about 5mph.

If u put it up manually, does it come down automatically when u slow right down? Mine did this, it was a faulty spoiler control module, replaced with a working one, and BOOM it was fine again :)

Right been out this afternoon with spoiler down, doesn't raise at any speed.

Manually put it up came to a stand still and it didn't go down

anyone got any ideas pls

mine does exactly the same. goes up and down on the switch but not when driving. i havent worked it out yet either and ive tried a few things...

You're not on your own guys, I still have the same problem after changing -

Spoiler module for a known good one

instrument cluster for a known good one

spoiler switch for a known good one

Fuses ok

stereo blue/white wire not connected

I'm putting it down to bad wiring somewhere, couldn't find the terminal splitter though above/behind the fuse relay plate. Chris do you have a pic of what the splitter looks like?

Thanks

Dave

OK given the problem seems to arise quite often, spent some time today.....

Here's the electrical schemeatic diagram. Ignore the colour of wires links shown for the wires and use the written colour beside each one as per the key. (It ain't perfect on pin idents but I think I've got it covered for most but pipe up if it doesn't align with your Corrado. Pre 1993 is not covered but is similar. T1z connector does not exist on some post 1992 Corrados. What else needs speed pulses :scratch: )

The speed pulse signal comes from G22 and is fed in via the instruments then distributed by TV13.

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfCorrado Spoiler Circuit 1993 - 1995.jpg[/attachment:1qwq9l19]

This the fuse box front showing the TV13 junction (splitter) and on mine a spare T1z connection (blue connector loose).

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfDSCN2005a.jpg[/attachment:1qwq9l19]

These are all the speed pulse wires gathering into the back of TV13 (light blue connections - 4 off, one connector carries two wires.)

DSCN8100a.jpg[/attachment:1qwq9l19]