Sign in to follow this  
tony_ack

Why is my car so dirty?!?

Okay, I know the roads are a bit of a mess at the moment... but I've noticed the Corrado is absolutely filthy, compared to a lot of other cars on the road which are just dirty. The doors under the rub strips seem to get the worst of it but the whole car is a dirt magnet at the moment.

Looking forward to the temperatures going up a little at the weekend so I can finally give it a bath.

Errrrrrrr..........salt and sh1te I think has landed on your car, thats why its so dirty :sleeping: :lol: :)

:lol:^^^

Yup unavoidable during winter. Should see the state of my car at the mo. I really want to wash it but dont want to cause ice on the road and i imagine the jet wash will be frozen up. :?

If the car has a good layer of a quality wax on it, then it's not a problem. Our cars have survived 15+ winters already, so they're not suddenly going to collapse into a pile of rust over night :wink:

The Corrado does have plenty of dirty traps though, so a quick wash once a week, even with plain water, wouldn't go amiss :D But I suspect most of us would rather play video games in front of the fire instead :lol:

Well yeah, of course the roads are dirty! I just wondered why it was so much worse than most other cars on the road. I'm not really aggressive and keep a good distance, more so in this weather. Are corrados particularly notorious for attracting dirt (like the back of the mk2 golf for example)? It seemed that even when the weather was okay the bottom of the doors got filthy within a couple of days of being washed

If you look at any car that has a flat back end it will get dirty. The air is spoiled and turbulent directly behind the car hence why it gets dirtier.

I quite like this though. May car has to be either really dirty or clean. I dont like in between. Gets some dirty Corrado pics up!!! God that sounds like a car sex pest comment :lol:

+1 to Kev for weekly quick wash - it just stops any huge build up of dirt happening, so makes the proper wash less of a chore.

That said, when I've been walking up to my car in the evenings recently, it always appears to be gleaming under the near by street lights!! Very odd. I have'nt wash it properly for over a week (i know!) yet you'd swear it had just been detailed!

I do use Turtle Wax Extreme Nano-Tech Wash & Wax, which is brilliant. And I do pour a small amount of the concentrate on the sponge just before doing the front and bonnet. May this is the result :shrug:

Temps to rise everywhere this weekend, so we'll all be out washing our 'raddo's for one drive before their covered in sh!t again :lol:

Snow Foam is the stuff to use and make sure it has a good coat of wax on it. Mine gets dirty quickly but the foam just makes it clean again as it's all sat on top of the wax

If you look at any car that has a flat back end it will get dirty. The air is spoiled and turbulent directly behind the car hence why it gets dirtier.

I quite like this though. May car has to be either really dirty or clean. I dont like in between. Gets some dirty Corrado pics up!!! God that sounds like a car sex pest comment :lol:

whenever I hear that word, Alan Partridge pops into my head:

''my licence is clear, yours is dirrrrrty'' :lol:

My car has to be either really dirty or clean. I dont like in between.

Ditto :D

Same applies to women... I like them how I like my cars, 19 years old and locked in a garage.

Same applies to women... I like them how I like my cars, 19 years old and locked in a garage.

:lol: - !! Permission to use this over and over again when anyone brings up ''my old banger'' :salute:

in fact maybe not, mines 1995 vintage :lol: , and especially not if your cars a late reg 1996

I've got two, a 20 year old and a 16 year old, the 16 year old has had most attention lately, after a bit of work recently she blows on all speeds now.

I've got two, a 20 year old and a 16 year old, the 16 year old has had most attention lately, after a bit of work recently she blows on all speeds now.

Dav - there's nothing worse then dropping a '' :ignore: '' post and getting the below reaction (the movie clip is much better)

I couldn't leave ya hanging mate. Not that I condone this line of thought :nono: :lol:

I blame the spoiler! Creates so much downforce it seems to such dust up from the ground!

Mines been sat with all the weather atm, and snow seems to do a wonderful job of cleaning it, my accident damaged focus is positively gleaming and that was last detailed around this time last year!

A quality one liner from you as usual :lol:

There's no room for any 19 year olds in your garage though!

I couldn't leave ya hanging mate. Not that I condone this line of thought :nono: :lol:

I'll get my coat...

:lol: yeah thought I'd really killed that line of discussion, I know it was crap but I was sooo bored at work, it's either that or I buy more crap from Amazon I don't need.

A quality one liner from you as usual :lol:

There's no room for any 19 year olds in your garage though!

Hmm.. that line sounds somewhat familiar.. :wave:

I quite like this though. .........

Here's mine after 115 miles of spirited drive yesterday.

It looks GREAT! 8)

5257826985_2a4eb0d664.jpg

All washed off now. :)

aerodynamics, ride height and wheels play a huge part in this.

My corrado, standard height on 15s stays relatively clean on the upper sides of the doors + bonnet and roof. You can see the inner arches catch a lot fo the shit without spitting it up the car. The back bootlid an lights gets seriously dirty from the dirty air flowing over the bonnet/roof an dropping down, especially under the spoiler was filthy the other day.

My brothers corrado is lowered on 17x8s and his front end especially grill, headlights, bonnet and windscreen gets filty in next to no time. The 17s flick mud/crap all up the sides of the car espeically over the rear quarters.

dave