Sign in to follow this  
Boarder

Tow Bar for a Corrado

OK I now expect the abuse ! bring it on.

I need to put one on me C. No choice I'm afaid unless I get rid of it, and theres no chance of that.

Does anyone know how and where I can get the part (the bar). I also need to do the electrics for the lights ?

The fuel tank is right at the back and could make it difficult to install one.

I have checked out the search facility and surprise surprise no such post.

ps its not for a Caravan

Why not just buy a MKII golf driver with a towbar already fitted?!? You'll get one for around £400 and won't have to mess up the 'rado in the process... ;)

IIRC the towbar for the Corrado uses the same mounts as the bumper and most of 'em require you to cut a hole in the bumper to fit 'em. There's no problem with the fuel tank being in the way though...

The electrics will be required to fit one, but IIRC, there's take-off points on the back of the lights already for the trailer lights, so it's pretty easy to wire in... 8)

The do crop up on ebay quite regularly, so keep your eyes peeled...

You could also try these guys who seem really good and sell loads on ebay...

The electrics will be required to fit one, but IIRC, there's take-off points on the back of the lights already for the trailer lights, so it's pretty easy to wire in... 8)

Yeah the take-offs are on the back of the bulb holders and are numbered, so should be plug-and-play!

Boarder- would be keen to see how it goes. I would like to fit one to mine so I can tow my motorbike behind on a trailer.

I've seen them on ebay go for £35 8)

i need one aswell for the summer!

it takes about 30mins to wire up the electrics. when you buy the kit it come with easy to use instructions. It is easyer if you have someone to give you a hand to press the brake pedal or a big brick will do the job!!! :wink: