Sign in to follow this  
Tempest

In.Pro taillights, anyone interested?

Just received my set of in-pros but i have received a set of clear - red type when i ordered a smoked set. Anybody else got an incorrect set from there order.

Cheers

Woody

If anyone else has a wrong set, let me know asap, and I'll email Heiko. Maybe if someone else has got a smoked set and wanted the clear/red set (there was only 1 person wanting a clear/red set) you could swap?

Then there's still Inters, where Heiko will be selling more In.Pros.

I myself won't be at Inters this year, as it's too close to Roadstar over in the Netherlands, for which I'm leaving the following Wednesday (apart from having my Dad visit me for 2 weeks from Germany ...)

Tempest

Excellent, well, OK, not so excellent, what I meant is that we've found the 2 swapped units :)

So, could "woody" and "corradokid" (real names hidden for data protection act reasons malarky ...) possibly get into touch with each other to sort out the swap over?

Any other probs, folks?

Otherwise, if the others are starting to get theirs lemme know and happy fitting :D

Tempest

Cheers for the hard work tempest contracted corrad-kidd we will try to do a swap before inters. Thankyou again for for doing this group buy

@ woody: Good to hear!

I suppose I will have to make an effort now and turn up o Inters to admire all your new shiny In.Pros (compared to mine, which have been on my Rado for almost 2 months ...).

Anyone else had theirs, problems etc. lemme know, and I'll see what I can sort out, after I've finished drooling over that particular article in this month's VWm magazine :)

Tempest

Smoked In Pros just arrived, an all round excellent service, thanks again Tempest for sorting this. :D

Cheers tempest

just stuck them on and the look smart.. see you guys at inters ..

Fitted mine on Sunday.

Looking Good, Smoked Black and Flash Red definately go together.

I'll post up a pic when time and weather permits.

Alignment wasn't perfect though and I'm abit worried about them letting water in.

I'll dremel the fixing holes out to give abit more adjustment and see how it goes.

Thanks for organising the Group Buy Tempest! :) :)

(26/09/04 Pic Added)

Damn, So that means everyone except me has there lights :(

Why is it always me that has the hassle

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :mad: :cry:

weather permits.

Yeah, I'm also raving mad at the sh**te weather at the mo', seems like we're wasting the nice long days with nothing but rain :mad: I'll have to consider moving to sunnier climes :roll:

Alignment wasn't perfect though

First fit on mine wasn't either, but a little moving around solved that withoug having to dremel the fixing holes :) Both units on each side are nice and flush now.

So that means everyone except me has there lights

Working on that one ...

Tempest

o bum, 2 l8 for this one :cry:

So where is the best/cheapest place to get a set from then?

Hi folks,

As I have already been looking for some time for smoked In.Pros at a decent price, all roads lead to Germany :lol:

There may potentially be a group-buy starting up on a German forum, and hence I was wondering whether anyone over here in good ol' Blighty might be interested in the original In.Pros (all 3 colour combinations are possible) to bump up the numbers?

Initial pricing (excluding postage) is around the €260 (approx. £183), but might be able to get that down to €230 (approx. £162).

I do realise that:

a) it's still more expensive than the recent FK group-buy,

b) it's potentially very shortly after the FK group-buy that took place here :oops:

But: having seen the smoked ones, I do prefer the In.Pros, as they are soooo much darker than the FKs :)

Tempest

I thought that German ones where not MOT passable over here is this true??

:?

AFAIK these imported ones are 'E' marked and also have the mandatory reflectors required for a UK MOT :wink:

I strongly suspect that all but the most ridiculously pedantic MOT tester will pass an In-Pro rear light without quibble. As long as it reflects, it has amber indicators and working brake lights, it'll do the job! :)

There should be no probs with the In.Pros, as the E-Mark suggests that they're legal in all EU countries, just remind your MOT tester that the UK is also part of the EU, and has been since ohhh, was it 1976 or something (never been really good at history lessons :lol: ). It's more likely that the FKs could cause probs, strictly speaking, as they do not have the E-Mark, let alone any self-painted/tinted jobbies.

Tempest

i got a set of bran new crystal clear rear int pros on ebay £135 inc p+p from germany , payed by paypal on sunday night & delivered to my door thursday morning ?? nice easy purchase of a good set of taillights :shock: i see if i can get a pic up :cry: