Sign in to follow this  
hombre_paulo

Mk4 Rear Calipers

The dreaded rear caliper sieze has begun on my vr so going to do the Mk4 swap. I understand that it is just the calipers and hoses needed. Hoses are on my xmas list so just need a pair of calipers.

Money is tight so the cheaper the better

I bought Audi A3 ones from eBay for around 30 quid for the pair.

The same calipers came on several Vws, many Audis, also Seats and Skodas, so always worth checking that out, as you may get them cheaper that way :)

The aluminium 20V Mk4s are the caliper of choice and can be had for about £40-50 from the scrappie. They'll plug straight in using a Goodrich Mk2 to Mk4 conversion line kit. They're the same as Mk3s, but they're aluminium not steel.

I've had a set on for about 18 months with no probs at all.

Familiarise yourself with the mk4 calipers (the alloy ones)- most VAG cars from that era with rear discs had those calipers, I think the only ones that didn't were the 4wd cars (quattro Audis, r32s etc).

So I think the calipers came on Audi A3s, A4s, maybe even 2wd A6s, seat ibizas, Leon etc, Skoda octavia, vw golf mk4, passat, some polos etc etc..

Correct me if I'm wrong though guys...

I have 5 pairs,£54 inc sending with dhl

Sorry to jump in, have you got any pics of said calipers please

I ordered hoses from C+R corrado specific conversion hoses. If your looking for a supplier for them as well that is,think all in the hoses worked in at @60 quid although that was a combined front set to go to 312's as well. They have options for just the rear listed on their site

new price now

I bought a set off mr baby. Can honestly say these were some of the best packaged parts I've ever received! Good price with quick delivery. Combined with a set of hoses from c&r and you have a decent set up! Handbrake is spot on now!