Sign in to follow this  
jimpy66

Normal oil temperature VR6

Once fully warmed up, at the minute mine is sitting around 96-98 at lower town speeds and going up to about 102-104 on the motorway. I think mine is a tiny touch high but still perfectly alright.

What temperatures are you seeing?

mine are simular mabe a touch lower weather depending. although if you start to give her some stick oil temp will rise to 110 ?

Once fully warmed up, at the minute mine is sitting around 96-98 at lower town speeds and going up to about 102-104 on the motorway.

Same as mine

mine are simular mabe a touch lower weather depending. although if you start to give her some stick oil temp will rise to 110 ?

Yeah.. doesn't sound unusual to me.

Yep- thats the kind of numbers I was getting- just didn't have any benchmark to compare it to- thank all :salute:

I have found that mine suffers from the weird problem of reading quite a few degrees higher when the headlights are on though... try it and see if you get the same!

If I'm on a motorway cruise and my oil temp is at 104, if I flick the lights on, the oil temp will steadily climb up to about 110 / 112. If I turn them off, it starts to fall again. Weird.

I'm with you guys. Sat at 94 all the way from London to boston today and back doing 80-90.

I ve read on other threads that if you go for a debadge grill it will lower the temp by as much as 7 degrees on the oil temp...some later grill like the one I have on the storm have the two upper slats "filled" up so that only the lower slat is open which lets in less air to cool the engine when on the move.