Sign in to follow this  
sexybourbon

wheres best for fuel injectors

Cars getting a good old goin over this year and was just wondering where the cheapest place to get new fuel injectors was as im going to be getting them pretty soon

Cheers everyone

Will add that i have had a price from dg autotech and also looked on tje bay and eurocarparts but just wanted to know if anyone knew of a cheaper place or a different injector i could use .

There ain't no way round it unfortunately. If you had a 1.8 16v there is a different injector you can use apparently, but on the 2.0 16v you've gotta take it on the chin. It's the Bosch injector or nothing!

cheers guys , jim i foumd an old post from when you did yours so iv got the part number now gonna go to my local eurocar parts tomorrow they said 35quid each so its not to bad but when theres so many other things you want to do it frustrating having to fork out lol like you said its just something you have to bite the bullet and do and hopefully afterwards be able to see a difference in fuel consumption from the better fuelling

jim what was the reason you did yours ? i spoke to dave at dg and he said when my cars there he will have a look to see if there nakkerd as it would affect performance before its chipped

the only reason i wanted to know wheres best is because my friends a mechanic and can fit them for me as my bill for dg when i get the work done is already nearly topping 700 quid lol.....corrados ehhhh

I did mine just cause of the age of the car, and the engine feeling generally lumpy and hesitant. I figured injectors were worth doing. However I couldn't say, hand on heart, that changing the injectors has made a world of difference - I suspect the engine is just OLD and needs a good overhaul :) But whilst not amazing, they did make a difference and for the price I'd say they're worth doing!

Get DG's verdict on if they're knackered before you spend money on changing them though :)

cheers jim thinking about it i think i will wait to see if there knakard although tbh the car feels crap at the mo very sluggish hopefully the new exhaust injectors ....if needed and a chip should get things moving

cheers bud

I wouldn't even think about a chip until everything else was sweet. Sticking a remap on a car which has underlying running gremlins will, in most cases, only amplify the problems.

But Dave will tell you if the car is driving / behaving right so you'll know you're good to go with a remap :)

I got a set of exchange injectors from JMR for my G60 - the new ones were recon items that were sonically cleaned and then flow matched so a completely balanced set was achieved - made a big difference

16V injectors are mechanical though Andy, not like the G60 ones. Once they get knackered, a clean will help them but they're very difficult to refurbish and ideally need to be replaced.

I bought my injectors from GSF when i completely rebuilt my 9a, I have to say the engine is now so much smoother, I appreciate that the engine rebuild itself would Help the engine to run much smoother but I do think the injectors have made a difference. I agree with what jim said previously, make sure all other underlying issues are sorted first before replacing the injectors, it'll be in good hands at dg, if I keep my valver it will go to dg for the chip and remap though I'll make sure the new engine is given a gd shakedown and properly run in.

GSF part number for the injectors is either 185vg0050 or 185vg0040, I'll have a look at work for you tomorrow and double check for you, am sure they are cheaper then euro's.

Hth

Andy

cheers will have a think about all the above i dont think theres is to much wrong it just feels a bit sloppy low down but as said im sure dave will be able to tell me , before i head down to dg its getting a oil and filter change , gearbox oil , air filter and genral service .

the lad who had it before me put kr cam in there and i dont know if this was set up when put in or weather it needed to be but it just doesent seem to be running great and fuel is killing me , i put 71 pound in the other month and got 315 miles with steady driving lol i didnt think thatt was good !! i know the weather was freezing so mpg would drop but that much seemed ridiculouse , time will tell as im gonna book it in tomorrow hope fully for the end of the month

get an ultrasonic cleaner and clen them all out first, you may get an improved spray pattern and hence performance. Get some new seals too. The cleaner is only about £40 from amazon. Have a look at the results tribetype40 had on his - cant remember the thread name but you'll find it easily enough. Once done, then if its still no good, then consider replacing them.

Cheers guys iv ordered my injectors now i spoke to dg autotech yesterday when i booked in and dave assured me they will probs need changing so i had a look throught the service history when i got home and there was no reciept for anything to do with injectors so i got them ordered along with pagid pads all round and a pas belt to stop tje bugger squeeling lol

As for the super unleaded i got told it wouldnt really help a normally aspirated engine but to be honest i have run it on it and it does feel smoother

Just got to get them fitted now does anyone know if you need a special tool to do the injectors my mechanic friend has told me to check just incase he needs one before saturday

Cheers again for the help and advice

There is a special tool you can get but.. you don't really need it. Few words of caution though.

Getting them in and out is a bit of a tw@t - Supercharged did mine. He pulled on the lines with as much effort as he could muster and I stood behind him to brace him (would have made a rather suspect picture) so that he didn't fall over when they let go. They all came out OK but were very hard to remove from the injector hardline - in fact one of mine actually twisted :( So take your time and just watch what you're doing.

Putting them back in.. we found it quite good to seat them first and then use a large, flat bladed screwdriver to gently lever them back into place. It's very tight so the tip of a dab of something to lubricate them on the O-rings to help them go back in should also be heeded!

And if it's a 2.0 16v there should be little metal clips which go around the brass injector seat and clip onto the injector line. You'll want to replace those (cheap from the dealer) as chances are when you remove them, they will ping off and snap!

I found a little penetrating spray and a little time wiggling helped remove the injectors.

Once removed from the manifold they're dead easy to change with the help of 2 spanners. To avoid damaging the hardlines make sure you only separate the spanners by a small angle and then in one hand slowly squeeze the spanners together until it 'gives' and you can unscrew the injector.

They are a bugger to get back in with new 'o' rings, as above, lubricate and push back into place with a flat headed screw driver.

Putting the little metal clips back is also a b**ch as you'll drop them in the bay and spend ages trying to find them!

You'll be wanting new injectors before the remap to get the best out of it and the car will also idle and run smoother.

I always thought that C's were meant to run on super from factory? Thats what it says inside my fuel cap anyway. If you are going to get a re map at DG i'd fill it with super and keep doing so. Super will allow dave to advance the timing as much as possible without it pinking. You will then however have to use super all the time or it will pink. Whatever you do, don't fill it with BP 102 for the remap as it will always want that from then on and its production is soon stopping.

cheers for the advice on all of this thread i think im gonna start running it on super now as it does run better , i fitted the new injectors today took best part of half an our wich is good i thought it was gonna take longer , didnt manage to snap any clips either wich was good as vw gave me the wrong clips when i ordered new one !! all seems good up to now , my car hasnt hit over 25mpg in months and as soon as i took it out engine still at medium to cold did about 2 and a half to three miles and straight away hit 28.2 so something has worked a treat it also idles alot better now and feels smooth

im definetly glad i got these done even for the money its good peace of mind and i feel happy to be driving it again now BUT as there is always a problem changed the front pads asweal today all was fine went to fit the back and one of my calipers has been seeping oil so think im gonna get a new caliper sorted... why is there always a down side lol

looking forward to getting my exhaust on now and the chip should make things alot smoother

all in all im a happy man today lol