Sign in to follow this  
bristolbaron

Advert seemed to good to be true..

Ah well, just found a very cheap A3 on gumtree. Sent an email to find out more and got this response:

Hello,

I have received your email regarding my car 2003 Audi A3 1.9TDi Quattro 4X4 !

The car is in perfect working condition,has no damage, no scratches, no marks or dents on paintwork,no hidden defects. There is no outstanding finance (HPI clear)!It's a UK model (right handed),meets United Kingdom DOT and EPA guidelines so there will be no problems regarding UK.

Customs policy on receiving the car. It comes with original invoice, log book, keys and all the documents.

The price for the car is £0,990.00 !!!

Here are some details about the car : MOT Expiry: Apr 2011, Road Tax: Aug 2011, Engine Size:1,896 cc, Reg. Date: 01 Mar 2003, Power: 130, Transmission: Manual, Diesel, Grey, AM/FM Stereo, CD Multichanger, CD Player, Concert Surround Sound, Air Conditioning, Climate Control, Leather Seats, Power-assisted Steering (PAS), Power Locks, Power Seats, Power Windows, Tilt Steering Wheel, 4-Wheel Drive, Alarm, Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS), Driver Airbag, Electronic Stability Program (ESP), Immobiliser, Passenger Airbag, Rear seat belts, Safety Belt Pretensioners, Xenon headlights.

Here are some pictures with my car : http://www.mypicx.com/01102011/2003_Aud ... attro_4X4/

The car was my husband`s as he loved it very much, but he did not enjoy it as he died in a IRAQ 3 month ago. It brings very bad memories to me, I want to get rid of it.

The buyer will receive the car with all papers and receipts that he needs to register it to his name. It have 105,300 Miles!

I am in USA right now but the car is in UK and it will be shipped from there.

Shipping will be done whit D.A.S and it will take no more then 2 days,and it will be payed by me!

Anyway, I have to let you know that I want a fast deal so if you are really interested in buying it, please reply with the following information's:

- Your full name and address;

The transaction will be closed only through eBay vehicle purchase protection so we both be protected.

I will look for your email,so that we can move forward with this deal!

Let me know,

Tatiana Hower

I've just replied.. Do you think I'll hear anything back?

Hi Tatiana,

Whereabouts in the USA are you currently? I would like to fly over to meet you!

I am very excited to hear about your husbands death, I am currently single and looking for a partner. if you can enclose some photos of yourself, perhaps we could get together for some sexytime?

I am slightly concerned about using ebay for protection, if we did get to spend some time together I would rather we had no protection at all. Don't worry though, I promise to pull out at last minute.

Let me know if this suits you and we can meet up. I would love the opportunity to buttf*ck you, as it seems this is what you had planned for me.

Many thanks,

Baz.

Definatly a scam, the last keeper change was back in 09/10. and its got a plate change against it which has also been on a unregistered car!! Lets she if "she" replies

Hi Tatiana,

Whereabouts in the USA are you currently? I would like to fly over to meet you!

I am very excited to hear about your husbands death, I am currently single and looking for a partner. if you can enclose some photos of yourself, perhaps we could get together for some sexytime?

I am slightly concerned about using ebay for protection, if we did get to spend some time together I would rather we had no protection at all. Don't worry though, I promise to pull out at last minute.

Let me know if this suits you and we can meet up. I would love the opportunity to buttf*ck you, as it seems this is what you had planned for me.

Many thanks,

Baz.

Classic :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Such a good reply!

Although am I alone in thinking it'd be funnier if she turned out to be genuine!?

They just try to hard and end up looking so obvious.

Have a look at http://www.419eater.com might give you some ideas! There is a great scambait a guy did using the cast of starwars. :lol:

That website is awesome! Trophy room is so funny!

Well the exciting news is i've heard back!

Hello,

I have a contract with eBay so this deal must go through them. I'm very busy with my job and I'm left out of the country so I can't meet in person with you so this is the reason why I chose to sell my car over the internet. According to eBay you have 5 days from the time you receive the car to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not.

Here is how it will work:

1.First of all I will need the following details from you:

- Full Name

- Full Shipping Address

2. After I will receive the details from you, I will forward them to eBay.

3. After they will process your info, they will send us both invoices. The invoice will send you the details on how to make a refundable payment.

4.eBay will contact me and I will ship the car to you. After you receive the car you will have 5 days to test, verify and do whatever you need to the car. If you will buy, then I will receive the payment details from eBay so that I can pick up the money.

5. If you will decide that you will not buy the car, eBay will refund the money and I will have the shipping company come pick up my car. If you wish to make the transaction, please send me the necessary info so that we can proceed. I look forward to hear from you.

Thank you!

Tatiana Hower

I wasn't going to bother with a reply, but it would be unfair on this thread not to..

Hi Tatiana,

It is a great shame that you are left unable to meet me due to work commitments. Had your husband arranged an adequate life insurance policy before he passed then perhaps you would be in a position where you no longer had to work and we could have met for sexytime. Have you thought about what may happen if you were to pass without arranging suitable cover? I would recommend checking price comparison sites online as soon as you have a spare minute.

Here are the name and address details you require:

Mr A Pigg

Avon and Somerset Constabulary

PO Box 37

Valley Road, Portishead

Bristol

BS20 8QJ

You mention that I have 5 days to test, verify and do whatever you need to the car. If it's okay with you I would like to test it on GCSE English, as this is not a strong point of its current keeper. I would like to verify that I would not have the car taken away from me at any point in the future if I went ahead with this ludicrus sales pitch and I will probably need more specifics with regards to 'do whatever i need to' I had a lady say this before, who later pressed charges against me.

Anyway, it's been nice chatting. Perhaps you could send a photo of yourself, the image I have in my mind of you is not quite enough to see me past the vinegar strokes.

Forever Yours,

Baz x