Sign in to follow this  
v8rumbler

Another Corrado?

I showed my brother my VR6 for the first time last weekend, he was impressed and started to look in autotrader etc. He found an Aqua Blue one 2 mins from where he worked (present owner 7 years) . I went to view the car with him, whilst looking through the paperwork It transpired the owner bought it from a friend of mine . I had driven it 7 1/2 years ago. Anyway my brother has bought the car. Very original 115k, heated black leather,A/C & 4x4 stance :cuckoo: .

The guy who sold it is moving to New Zealand which is ironic because that is where my mate went 4 years ago.

VW's customers at the time complained of scraping the sump etc when exiting multi-storey car parks and so forth, so VW raised it.

VW's customers at the time complained of scraping the sump etc when exiting multi-storey car parks and so forth, so VW raised it.

Nope that wasn't it. :D

The later VRs and in the last year of Corrado production 16 and 8v cars had a higher ride height to allow for progressive rate springs to be used - the intention was to improve handling and ride quality.

Good little it of kowledge, they were usless my valver scrapped all the time as standard, now its sitting aout an inch and a half from the floor it kinda causes it to scrape on flat roads.....

Usless but fun.

:)

Looks sweet too.

That is also a good little story, bringing back memories id imagine...

Nice buy, like having an old friend back in the family.

Nope that wasn't it. :D

The later VRs and in the last year of Corrado production 16 and 8v cars had a higher ride height to allow for progressive rate springs to be used - the intention was to improve handling and ride quality.

Yep what he say's :lol:

You really have no idea how well a standard car handles when everything is new, i guess most folk have only ever driven a vr with standard suspension when it was worn out and also needing new axle bushes etc, i can tell you that it is nothing like that when all the bits are new...

As for looks i like em the way they were made to be :lol:

But hey thats just me. :grin:

That'll teach me. I ALMOST prefaced what I said with "I've heard that...", since I'd wondered if it was an urban myth. However, since I'd heard it on here somewhere, I assumed it to be true...

I'll get me coat!

Sounds like you've found another good 'un, Darren. A 3-Corrado family now! 8)

Well if you remember when we came up to yours to buy your valver- he said he was into cars but hasn't had many good ones- that has now changed!!!!!!

Sent from iPhone 4 using Tapatalk