macvwnut

Elsecar Mega Meet 25th April

Hi Kip I'll still be there but my spot on the stand is up for grabs as will be bringing the blackberry down

Hi Paul,

Sadly, going to have to drop out of this :-(

Have just got back from nearly a month in Iraq, and with other commitments, I am just not going to be able to put the car back together again by 25th April. Will still be visiting the show, though.

Cheers,

Andrew

Ahh thats a shame Andrew, was hoping to have a real good look over the car too lol! another time though hopefully. At least you get to do the work in a slightly warmer temp rather than the depths of winter.

Come and say hello on the day though buddy if you do make it :)

So who would like to stay over the night before this event? could do with getting an idea if you dont mind letting me know, space is not a problem so please join up with us as i know Sunday night will be a blast! :)

Also have room on the club stand as Jude will enter the show and shine :) any takers?

Ahh thats a shame Andrew, was hoping to have a real good look over the car too lol! another time though hopefully. At least you get to do the work in a slightly warmer temp rather than the depths of winter.

Come and say hello on the day though buddy if you do make it :)

Hi Paul,

I felt so bad about letting you down that I have decided to buy a second VR6 just so I can still play :rolleyes:

Am going to look at it tomorrow and if it as good as it seems and I can do the deal, I will be bringing it back home. It should be OK to put on the stand as is without too much embarrassment.

Will confirm tomorrow but keep the Club stand space warm for me. I would also like to join you all for the curry but no need for floor space.

My partner is going to go mental when she finds out :bonk:

Would it be ok if i turned up, Have to be in the TT though as the corrado`s in bits

Hi Paul,

I felt so bad about letting you down that I have decided to buy a second VR6 just so I can still play :rolleyes:

Am going to look at it tomorrow and if it as good as it seems and I can do the deal, I will be bringing it back home. It should be OK to put on the stand as is without too much embarrassment.

Will confirm tomorrow but keep the Club stand space warm for me. I would also like to join you all for the curry but no need for floor space.

My partner is going to go mental when she finds out :bonk:

Ha Ha you are addicted my friend, welcome to the insanity of numerous Corrado ownership. :lol:

Yes will stick you back in and talk about the curry house arrangements later.

Hey no need to feel guilty either. :)

Nice one Andrew. True dedication to the cause.

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

Joby - I'm sure that wont be a problem. Just you? And for the sleep over Sunday night?

Sleep overs are (I think)

Dave & Karen D

Richy P

Lilfuzzer

Eric

and some maybe's we need to check on.

Sunday Curry is all the above (thought nothing too spicey for Lil)

+ Neuon

any other takers???

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

Joby - I'm sure that wont be a problem. Just you? And for the sleep over Sunday night?

Dave & Karen D

Richy P

Lilfuzzer

Eric

+ Neuon

any other takers???

Thanks judith, Spoke to kip via text this morning, Will see you at the show

just sen this - whoooops!

I will be there, no doubt. If I can sell the Bora before then Ill be in the C....... if not I think Ill be better taking the Bora to advertise it. hhhmmmm diesel boredom!! :-(

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

Dave & Karen D

Richy P

Lilfuzzer

Eric

+ Neuon

any other takers???

If there is room id love to join you..... its the best bit!!

1 week away! cant wait! me and the girlfriend are just gonna drive over on the morning. what time do we need to be there? and should i take someones number to find out where you are! (ps ill be bringing a sheet of cardboard with me cause the sump is weeping slightly) ;)

Hi Mate, if you could get there around 9.30 but the place isn't that strict to be honest unless you want to enter the show and shine bit which is indoors.

We will probably be alongside the railway line to the left of the show area.

I'll pm you my number mate now ;)

Well...after all the work done so far and having just spent 4 hours cleaning inside and polishing the outside it looks like my car doesn't want to join everyone at the meet.

I went to put it back in the garage and it won't start :(

It fires up on starting but then cuts out immediately after firing. I have no idea what the fault it is and I have my local mechanic coming up to look at it today but I don't hold out much hope of it being fixed in time.

I can't believe this has happened just before my first club meeting *sigh*. It's been no problem mechanically at all since I bought it.

Anyway, I'll keep you posted and I suppose I could still pop down and see you guys in the Merc...at least the weather looks good and I can have the roof down :)

Peter before anything else try this,

As it sounds like the key read coil assembly to me, remove both the lower shelfs near the fuse tray and you will see a shiney black cable/wire coming from the area where the key goes on the steering column.

Follow this wire to the small connector plug on the end of it, remove the plug and dunk it into a small amount of WD40 sprayed into the cap. this will give it a good soaking in the stuff, then very carefully push back on and off where the connector goes and do this a few times as this will also clean up the contacts as you do so.

Then refit and see how you go! i'd leave the shelfs off for a day or so to see how it goes.

Had this on my VR years ago and this cured it totally.

Judes 8v is also doing it in the last day or so so i'll be doing it to that too.

I'd be very surprised if this isn't the problem.

Good luck. :wink:

All sorted out now and me and the car will be there.

The fault was two fold really, The key read coil assembly cable was done. The electrician then found a couple of misconnected cables on the new alarm I had fitted last week.

Car starts fine now :)

Thx for the help Kip, by the way, do we have admissions to pay on showday ? I think I saw something on the website about £7.