Sign in to follow this  
Rams

Installing amp power cable question

Hi all

I want to get my amp wire fed through the bulk head from the battery, what route to most take and are there any grommits to feed through or do people make their on hole?

Ta

There is one just behind and below the expansion tank. It come out in the passenger footwell but you`ll need to remove the tray under the glove box to get at it, and mybe lift the carpet back slightly.

Great, thanks. My interior is totally out of the car, inc carpet so if I remove the expansion tank I should see the grommit.....

Nice one :)

I personally use Compression glands. Extremely robust and self seal as you tighten them up. B&Q sell them and I use the larger one in my C. If you're running 0 gauge through, bulkhead grommets aren't really man enough imo. But if it's just 4 or 8 gauge, you should be OK. For gawd's sake make sure you fuse both ends and make sure the grommet is sealed back in tightly. Seen too many car fires from amp cables shorting out on bulkheads :D

Compression glands on which part Kev?

I will be fusing the power cable nearest the battery with a good quality fuse holder, are you saying to cover that up again to stop water getting in?