Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

New Ferrari FF

Was just admiring it on PistonHeads actually.. think it's a pretty striking car. Far more easy on the eye than the Aston Rapide and the gopping awful Porsche Panamera! I appreciate it's not a 5 door but still as practical..ish..! :)

A family-friendly footballers four-wheel drive! I bet Range Rover are quaking in their boots!

I quite like it mind! I do see the M Coupe in it though (and I like that car too!).

A family-friendly footballers four-wheel drive! I bet Range Rover are quaking in their boots!

I quite like it mind! I do see the M Coupe in it though (and I like that car too!).

was just thinking M coupe/breadvan :)

from the size and as Jim says, lack of extra doors, its hard to understand if its trying to be a competitor for the aston and porsche or more of a halfway house because everyone thinks those things are a step too far for supercar makers!

Ferrari have a long tradition of relatively pracical models within their range - 400 / 412 / 456 /612 etc so its merely continuing their tradition rather than trying to carve out a new niche for itself

yup, its just interesting that the porsche and aston equivalents of that larger front engined tourer (eg. the 928) have fallen by the wayside in favour of the full 4 door panameras/rapides whereas ferrari dont seem tempted into that (yet!).

Maybe because it would tread on the toes of the Quattroporte. Ferrari have only ever come close to a four door saloon once before with the Pinin of 1980

It seems we are finally entering a new era of Ferrari design......after feeling completely underwhelmed by the 360,430,612,575....I think the 458 is absolutley stunning, the 599 has some amazing design features and this new FF looks the part as well - makes me want to put Ferrari posters back on my bedroom wall :lol:

As far as I'm concerned the Rapide looks like Aston Martin couldnt be bothered to design another car and just stuck an extra door on a DB9 and the Panamera looks like an expensive barge :cuckoo:

What a bloody mess. My first reaction was that it looked like a big red BMW M Coupe. That wasn't a particularly pretty car but the BMW is a lot prettier than this.

They'll be making MPVs next. It really is sad to see the legendary Ferrari marque devalue as they grasp away at almost anything to stick the prancing horse onto.

What a bloody mess. My first reaction was that it looked like a big red BMW M Coupe. That wasn't a particularly pretty car but the BMW is a lot prettier than this.

They'll be making MPVs next. It really is sad to see the legendary Ferrari marque devalue as they grasp away at almost anything to stick the prancing horse onto.

do you not like it then :lol:

Er... let me give you a considered answer <..thinks..> no.

:pukeleft:

Er... let me give you a considered answer <..thinks..> no.

:pukeleft:

+1 I think... which is odd as I quite liked the 612 :shrug:

The 458 is really pretty.

However whoever designed the FF must have watching Wallace & Gromit or Only Fools and Horses before they designed the FF. It's got "bread van" written all over it.

The 458, looks wise, does nothing for me. I think it looks utterly ridiculous. As a technical exercise though, it's hugely impressive :)

The 458, looks wise, does nothing for me. I think it looks utterly ridiculous. As a technical exercise though, it's hugely impressive :)

OMG Jim you cant be serious :shock: , its the best looking Ferrari since the 355 if not one of the best looking of all time !!

IMHO

I get the feeling i'm in the minority but that's fine :) I think the F430 Scuderia is a much more handsome car!

I get the feeling i'm in the minority but that's fine :) I think the F430 Scuderia is a much more handsome car!

:brickwall: ....no comment