Sign in to follow this  
nocrap

Car not appearing on databases

Hi All,

I bought a MkIV Golf last year.

All car checks came back fine and the dvla website has it correctly listed but no other website (insurance, ecp, etc) can find any records of the car.

My main concern is that if i sell the car that potential buyers are going to be put off.

any ideas why the information doesn't appear?

Thanks

Could have it's registration blocked - if so it has most likely been an ex government agency or police vehicle at somepoint in it's previous life. They are supposed to be unblocked when they are sold on.

If your car is correctly registered at the DVLA then the other companies that take feeds from the DVLA (such as insurance companies) should also have the same details. If that's not happening then you need to contact the DVLA and tell them.

There could be a chance that if the data is not on the insurance (MIB) database then it is also missing from the Police systems too. And you don't want that, really you don't.

HTH

John

Yeah, I'd contact DVLA to see, what's going on. If it is blocked the police will still be able to get details so no worries there. It just stops Joe Public/other organisations who do not need the information from getting it.

Right! Finally got somewhere after getting the statutory "The DVLA doesn't make mistakes, sir" email.

The VIN is indeed incorrectly noted in the V5C.

All I need to do is send them the corrected V5, photo evidence and a covering letter.

Hopefully that'll put my car back up on other websites correctly!