Swompy

Swompy's DBP 24v. New daily

no they are tinted head light protectors.

Going to lamin-x them soon tho as I have a eyebrow spoiler to go on, but wont fit with the protectors in place

Went up to DG today to get the rev counter working. Needed a little conversion box to convert the signal from the new ECU to the old electrics. took a while to ge it in but all working now.

Also Graham made up a de-cat for me which gives the car a nice throaty sound and I can hear the VR6 burble I've missed. When he took it out I could hear him half way up the road :D

When Graham test drove the car the rev limiter was cutting in early (5000 rpm) so after a quick scan found some fault codes :( Going to drop it off some point next week to look into it.

2 steps forward 1 step back it seams

2step/ 1step is always the way with these cars Jake, good progress still being made, this cars really coming together.

Ent that the truth?

Thanks dude, its getting there slowly, hopefully have the new interior in it soon so watch this space for an update on that

Went up to DG today to get the rev counter working. Needed a little conversion box to convert the signal from the new ECU to the old electrics. took a while to ge it in but all working now.

I'm needing to get this done also, do you have the part # and what sort of price was it?

Graham had to order it from the states. Was about £65 I think.

Give him a ring, he will be able to tell you a lot more about it than me

Graham had to order it from the states. Was about £65 I think.

Give him a ring, he will be able to tell you a lot more about it than me

Ok, cheers, might give them a ring next week, you dont have their number handy :o

They did the conversion for Mic_VR before I bought the car, this was something on Mics to do list, its now on mine :lol:

Ahh so you have it now :D its a great engine dont you think?

the number is 01299253373

It does help knowing when to change gear :D

Ahh so you have it now :D its a great engine dont you think?

the number is 01299253373

It does help knowing when to change gear :D

Cheers for the number

Yes its a great engine in the Rado, if only I could get out of 1st gear!

Posting this video up for Swompy(having laptop problems atm)

it was very dark when we did the video this morning but you should be able to hear the exhaust :dance:

O yes I will be getting one filmed when she is reving properly.

Dropped her off at DG today with adam in tow to bring me back. The limiter is kicking in at 5k so she is back with Graham to find out why

Good things come to those who wait.. sure Graham will be able to get it sorted :)

A year ago yesterday I went and got my corrado VR6 from Abdul. and have been driving 5 years this week. 3 of thos years have been filled with the joys (and pain) of corrado ownership. All my friends from school are having kids, I have my corrado. You can kick a corrado when it miss behaves!!! :D

Edited by Swompy

She is back :D reving all the way to 7k and goes like stink thanks to a little remap :D

A big thanks to Graham for sorting it out, even coming down to collect the car and bringing it back to me as well.

I'm just going to put the rest of the Interior back in put a set of 288m brakes on and just leave it alone for a while

I'm just going to put the rest of the Interior back in put a set of 288m brakes on and just leave it alone for a while

Yeah right!! How many times have I heard that :)

Glad to hear its sorted though.

Jay

She is back :D reving all the way to 7k and goes like stink thanks to a little remap :D

A big thanks to Graham for sorting it out, even coming down to collect the car and bringing it back to me as well.

Congrats on getting it sorted mate.. Need to meet up, how you finding the 24v's full wrath?

Haha Jay your are probably correct

Abdul - Thanks mate, now its running properly its amazing, before it was good but now its just a monster :D