Swompy

Swompy's DBP 24v. New daily

What a day

I must of up set the Corrado or something, first it decides to lock the fuel flap so I couldn't fill her up with the fuel needle below red. Next she drinks £88 worth of fuel and to top it off the passengers window has stopped working and is stuck slightly open. Grrrrrr

It must of known it was pay day :bad-words:

That's rubbish, Jake! Fuel costs are getting rather worrying- it'll mean a lot of people selling up their VR6s. We've still got the passenger window mech etc if you want it?

I know, it was probably my fault it cost so much as I was preaty much running on fumes for a couple of days.

Thanks for the offer I've got a window motor so will try fitting that this weekend and if Ineed the mch I will be in contact

Gave the girl a bit of a clean today so hopefully she wont chuck her toys out the pram.

Also picked up a eyebrow spoiler today from Andy but picked it up off Ian :scratch: :afro:

I trial fitted it earlier and its looks rather mean :cool: just need to get some paint made up to spray it.

Here are a few pics I took today

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45750[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45751[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45752[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45753[/ATTACH]

Also managed to do this as well which I was rather shocked too see, but pleased after yesterdays ordeal

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45754[/ATTACH]

Found an old pic of the Rado on Edition, Starting to look like she did back then, just need some decent rims on it now

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45838[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]45839[/ATTACH]

Well after she decided to spring a fuel leak on thursday I spent most of today fixing it.

First off I had to take a trip to DG to get the replacment fuel lines off of Ed's ( Mr Sand's ) old vr, was a peace of cake taking them off.

Then had to drive all the way home to do the same again on my car, which wasnt so easy. took me the best part of 3 hours to fix it all up and get it working again. But no more fuel leak :D

Couldnt see where on the old pipes that it was leaking from :scratch: , dam cars who would have them ey?

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

Also spent £50 on cleaning products for the summer :D

Well as summer is approaching and first show of the season for me is tomorrow I gave the VR a well deserved clean.

Started off on the inside, alto of dirt had accumulated over the winter.

IMAG0259.jpg

IMAG0260.jpg

IMAG0261.jpg

IMAG0262.jpg

The inside after the clean

IMAG0269.jpg

IMAG0270.jpg

Next I started on the wheels

Before

IMAG0265.jpg

During

IMAG0264.jpg

And after

IMAG0263.jpg

Next was to start on the body work

The car before I started

IMAG0266.jpg

IMAG0267.jpg

IMAG0268.jpg

After the first wash

IMAG0271.jpg

The swirl marks :(

IMAG0274.jpg

IMAG0275.jpg

The not so helpful helper

IMAG0272.jpg

IMAG0273.jpg

Clay bar time

The dirt off one panel

IMAG0276.jpg

Beading up after the clay bar. No wax

IMAG0277.jpg

IMAG0278.jpg

After the 2nd round with the polish

IMAG0280.jpg

IMAG0286.jpg

IMAG0279.jpg

IMAG0290.jpg

Oh look its me :afro:

IMAG0287.jpg

Still got some swirl marks :(

IMAG0282.jpg

And the final look

IMAG0283.jpg

IMAG0284.jpg

IMAG0285.jpg

IMAG0289.jpg

IMAG0288.jpg

And all tucked up ready for tomorrow

IMAG0256.jpg

IMAG0257.jpg

IMAG0258.jpg

I didn't use sealant or wax in the end as there were too many swirl marks and scratches and I'm not sealing them in until I've hit them with a machine polisher first

lookin nice mate , oh and by far the best colour as well .

Thanks mate, Ya after I finished cleaning it I was having a good old look at the colour and it really comes alive in the sun :D

Hahaha, Vaughan trust me they are the good pics as the body work is far from perfict

Looking good mate.

Where's your TT Accelerator pedal cover from? tried a few abd bone fit so far :(

O yes defo worth doing

Just need to get hold of a machine polisher for a day or two then I can finish off the spring clean with some paint restorer, sealent and a couple of coats with a hard and soft wax :D

Detailing, it drags you in slowly hahaha

Lookin good Jake, you're more then welcome to come to mine and i'll detail it for you lol.

If you do it yourself (i'm assuming here judging by the valvers swirleys you haven't LOL) take it easy and do some reading on it first, its not rocket science but be careful!

Lookin good Jake, you're more then welcome to come to mine and i'll detail it for you lol.

If you do it yourself (i'm assuming here judging by the valvers swirleys you haven't LOL) take it easy and do some reading on it first, its not rocket science but be careful!

Thanks Mate, I would but it would be hell of a treck.

Haha you guessed right, I havnt used one before but going to read up about it before hand

Looking really nice mate how did you get on with the loom hope all was ok for you and arrived ok

Thanks, Ya the loom arrived ok, havnt tried to fit it yet tho

looks really nice. Now get those 16" rims prepped and fitted!!!

Thank you, haha I will get them sorted as soon as Ive got the new engine in :D

omg, I looked at your pics on p16 and you're moaning about swirl marks?!

The Hubble can see mine FFS!!! :lol:

omg, I looked at your pics on p16 and you're moaning about swirl marks?!

The Hubble can see mine FFS!!! :lol:

Believe me they are there, and I bumped the rear bumper on a corner of a wall yesterday when trying to park, so have a nice few dents/chips in the paint :( Hopefully the polisher will help blend them in, Cant believe I did it either thought I had more room :( ( my own fault for driving the golf for so long then jumping in the rado )

TBH my car is probably one of the only few things I take pride in. If I put this much effort into my school work I wouldn't be working for Salisbury's hahahaha o dear :D

Edited by Swompy

Took the car out for the first time in a while today, and she is one sick puppy :( Missfiring and back firing on and off for the whole drive :( . Plus with the nasty rumble from the wheel bearing she doesn't sound great and had a couple of nice big puffs of blue smoke out the back when I went to over take.

But when she isn't playing up she still goes like **** off a shovel.

Roll on end of June, then its 24v time :D

You know your engine is fecked when you can pull out two HT leads whilst the car is running and the revs stay the same :o