Sign in to follow this  
aaronmk2

my vr6

well after splitting the mk2 i thought it was time i tried somthing different as ive had mk2s since i was 14 so i bought a corrado vr6 somthing ive always fancied and it still had a vr6 :D :D :D . after searching the net and relising that they were quite expensive i gave up and found a mk2 16v very nice car but had 4 doors and after a month of spending money on it i relised that i couldnt get on with it {well the 4 doors lol} then i came across my corrado on pistonheads it was up for 1600 which i thought was a decent price so i went and viewed cut a long story short i drove away with it and only handed over 1000 :lol: :lol: :lol: heres a pic of it on the way home

155898_1512097771780_1514480114_31266631_3111927_n.jpg

after getting it home i started work on the engine bay the plan is to get it as original as i can,ive replaced the following

new bottles

new stainless bolts and washers

rewrapped wiring loom as the old loom has perished

inlet manifold,rocker and belt tensiner vapour blasted back to oe finish

new solid front mount

koni height and dampining adjustable coilovers

new engine bay stickers with oe replacements

WASHED IT THREE TIMES DUE TO IT BEING FILTHY :lol:

rado9.jpg

rado10.jpg

rado6.jpg

rado5.jpg

rado1.jpg

rado4.jpg

rado3.jpg

rado12.jpg

BEFORE

rado13.jpg

AFTER

rado11.jpg

rado7.jpg

done a bit more to the engine bay today removed old wiring loom tape or what was left of it and replaced it with new tape.also fitted rear strutbrace and got my lower front strut brace which needs a clean :D

DSCF0401.jpg

radoa.jpg

DSCF0402.jpg

DSCF0403.jpg

DSCF0404.jpg

DSCF0405.jpg

DSCF0406.jpg

DSCF0407.jpg

hi mate no i had it vapour blasted im not gonna try to explain the process cas il only get it wrong :lol: it hasnt been painted just cleaned back to its oe finish hope that helps

aaron

Wow, some good work there, think this rado's future is in safe hands by the looks of it.

One of the best colours too.....

Cant believe how good them bits have come up after the vapour blasting....

I too have a k reg vr6, what interior do you have in yours as it seems to be a mis match on rado's of this year.

I have late dash and door cards yet early seats????

Looking good though, keep it up.

thanks very much fella,yea the flash red is a lovely colour,the vapour blasting is a really good process im lucky enough to have a friend who has one at his work so he done it for me..as for the interior i think i have the early dash but to be honest im new to corrados so im not to clued up yet. thanks agin mate if thats your rado in your sig it looks very nice

thanks very much fella,yea the flash red is a lovely colour,the vapour blasting is a really good process im lucky enough to have a friend who has one at his work so he done it for me..as for the interior i think i have the early dash but to be honest im new to corrados so im not to clued up yet. thanks agin mate if thats your rado in your sig it looks very nice

Early dash will have the slider heater controls, the later dash has the dial heater controls.

Cheers, its an ongoing project, its been over 2 years since i last drove it but hopefully come about april time it'll be back on the road.

done some more wiring today and started the chassis leg cleaning but stopped early due to the weather{fingers hurt :lol: }the paint is actually red but looks orange for some reason

eeeee.jpg

ddddd.jpg

aaaa.jpg

cheers mate, i used gunk with a toothbrush works really well but i was using autoglym tar remover but ran out of it both are really good

today i did a bit more cleaning

corrado3.jpg

corrado4.jpg

DSCF0426.jpg

DSCF0425.jpg

DSCF0427.jpg

i then removed the headlights and cleaned them as they had green sludge in them :(

corrado6.jpg

corrado9.jpg

corrado8.jpg

painted rear plate light holder as it was painted terriable

corrado2.jpg

corrado.jpg

ordered a new front badge and spark plug removal tool

corrado5.jpg

corrado10.jpg