Sign in to follow this  
Philuk

Stretch Me!!

choosing new tyres to put on the Schmidts for when they come back from paint but i dunno which tyres to go for. thinking i should go for falcons again but has anyone got any pics of federals or nangkangs in a 205/40/16 on a 9" wheel ive been on tyrestretch.com or whatever it is and im sure there was another site that had a list of tyres and stretches but this aint it! anyone got any ideas or pics of there 16" stretch!!

Not the best place to ask but I wouldnt use Federals or Nankangs if Falkens are an option. Both of them are crap IMO. The Falken 452's I had on mine were ok.

dont you want 205/45s? if you're stretching you dont want to lose any more profile than you have to do you?

205/40 nankangs on my 9" schmidts. Had no problems with grip but I don't go flying round corners

8ab31d71.jpg

d20533c1.jpg

8c63969d.jpg

had loads of trouble trying to find a decent brand in this size and wanted toyos but in the end settled for nankangs as they're soft and give a smooth stretch :)

Phil got 215 45s on mine if I remember rightly and the pics are in the build thread cant remember the type but will see the car at the weekend if that helps

falkens have a slight natural stretch already, as stupid as that sounds... ive run them on my d90's for over two years and found them v gd.. though i have a spare set of dunlop sp2000 in the exact same size which i must say i prefer although the stretch is ever so slightly differnt between the dunlops and falkens...

the site your prob looking for in regards tpo pics of differnt stretch is wheelwhores.com im sure there is a stretch section on there.

hth

I've got dunlops that have sadly been discontinued but the falcons are definately the next choice!

they will prob the sp2000, same as mine :(

falcons it is then :p ive got falcons on the back but wondered if anyone had anything better! ive got yoko;s on the front and i aint diggin em!

I've got dunlops that have sadly been discontinued but the falcons are definately the next choice!

Mine are SP 9000...

Mine are SP 9000...

same tyre, it superceeded the sp2000

Ye, I cought a nail last year and ended up shredding my tyre as it was streched. Getting another one was so hard!