Sign in to follow this  
Andy T

Late indicator stalks onto Early Corrado?

Can you put the late C (mk3 golf style) indicator/wiper stalk unit onto an early C that has the 'mk2 golf' stalks?

Would of thought they are a straight swop, the Hazard warning switch looks alot bigger tho... and would the MFA functions all work?

cheers

I'd have thought it'd be a straight swap... did this on my MK1 Golf - changed them to MK2 items and everything worked fine. If you find that they don't work I'm sure you could butcher the new stalks and fit them on the old mountings...

Would of thought they are a straight swop...............Yes they are

the Hazard warning switch looks alot bigger tho..............you would need the later cowling from a 93> car

and would the MFA functions all work.............................yes the switch is exactly the same for this

Instructions IIRC

1 Remove Steering Wheel 24mm socket

2. Unplug horn wires gently as pressure on the contacts can bend them, messing up the horn.

3. undo 3 black screws (flat slot) around the circular part of the stalks behind steering wheel.

4. You might need to undo the plastic trim next to the fusebox as the MFA has a wire plugged in further down the steering coloumn

5. unplug all the connections from the rear wiper stalk mark them up if you want but they can only fit in the designated holes unless they are forced, which is where marking them can be useful.

HTH

of you can use your little square harazard warning switch in the mk3 style stalks if you want.

how ?? pull the wider one of & stick early one on maybe?? will it work?

i was thinking that only mk3 golf gti ones would work with the mfa as normal golf ones dont have the mfa stalks, anyone know if mk5 polo ones have mfa functions? i might try a set of those instead. :mrgreen:

im not sure about this, but you could try to trim some of the plastic away to make it fit over the button