shrek

dodgey window wiring

sorry bout this, put this post on my newbie post, then realised what id done, lol, oh well could do with some advice, cheers

my fist fault that doin my head in is the electric windows- when i got the raddo, none of the windows worked (previous owner forgot to mention this) and as a result i managed to get the sunroof working and the drivers windows contacts in the actual switch are nackerd, so i went to the dealer and bought what they said were replacment swithches, except tht my raddo is a 1990 so the wiring on my loom is diffrent

what i need is a photo of the back of a drivers side electric window switches with the wiring still connected so that i can build a small wiring harness and splice this into the exsisting loom, that or a colour cosded wiring diagram for the lecky windows, but ave tried for a while now and i can't find one,

any one had this prob before? thanks again, Shrek

Personally i'd sell the switch you have and just buy an early switch from a breaking ad rather than cut up the loom.

The late switches wont fit into the easrly door cards anyway so you'd have to hack at that too, I agree with pumbaa about just replacing the switch for an early...

mmmmmmmmmmmm wel this is confusing- the wirin has already been cut up, not by me though- previous owner seems to have got a bit giddy, and as for fitting? they just popt stright in?

i dont mind fittin old or new switches it just seems that whilst the wirins as it is i may as well wire it to what ive got, if you know what i mean, thanks again

I have all the wiring diagrams you need for early looms. Let me know and I'll send them over. Think beige sent them to me about 2 years ago. Still not gotten round to it as most of my dash loom is shot to hell.

that would be great if you could send them to me mate, i'll pm you my email (if thats possible?) cheers mate

thanks super charged, that helpfull, but its only half what i need, problem is that the olde switches have the wiring hard wired on and the newer type have a plug on the back- its the location of the wires into the plug that i need so that i can hard wire my current wiring into that switch, kinda a silly way to do it but i think it should work once ive got the right colour wire to the correct location, thanks again, shrek