Sign in to follow this  
JasonSanders

Group Buy. Corrado Polished Stainless Bonnet Lifters

BigTartanG60, spot on, but i think the big single struts are as intrusive as the std prop, that's why i went for the side struts plus you can still go for a strut brace if you like.

Chris

yeah chris, i couldnt see them listed under corrado parts on the ECP website...

That's because their site is shite! 80% of the links come up "Sorry, no parts found"

If you're going to go E-Commerce, for christ sakes do it properly!!!

Be warned, if you have a strutbrace the single ones will not fit as the bonnet will no longer close

Cheers

BigTartanG60

Oh b*ll*x! Didn't think of that! I knew there was a reason I haven't fitted mine yet! Getting a custom made Strut brace soon so mines not going to fit :(

Guess you better put me down for a set 2 then. Who shall I make the cheque out to?

..... erh one piece bonnet lifter for sale :roll:

Yes they are MKIII ones but easy to fit and they work. Simple.

I'm interested in the ones suited for the Corrado though, where are any pics and where or how do ther fit, you can't expect anyone to go for a set & part with money without those basic pionts being illustrated & satisfied, else they may aswell go & get the MKIII Golf ones 'cos they work aswell.

Chris

all details are on page 1 of this post, they arent just mk3 ones, i can get mk3 ones

Ah right, so we send you the money, payable to you & we go from there :?:

not payable to me, payable to the person who imports the lifters, i just happen to know him as we are both members of the mk1astra owners club, he mentioned he could also get corrado bits so i thought id offer u lot the chance

Send him the cheque payable to him but also send me a pm or email or contact me via msn tell me you have sent the cheque and ill keep a list aswell as him.

Just as an update, we can also get bonrath lifters including bonrath one for the face lifted and vr6 bonnets

right to all people that want them,

U need to send a cheque or postal order for 22.50 to

K.Thornton

57 Glenwood Avenue

Westcliff-on-Sea

Essex

SS0 9DJ.

Enclose a covering letter saying u got the information through me (Jason Sanders) and your address, Also pm me or email me so I know you have sent payment. We will be delaying the order til the end of next week so if you can get the cheques off before then your lifters will arrive in this months shipment, if not they will be ordered with next months. Once we get them give us a few days to get them out to everyone.

Cheers Jason

Just realised the names are different. I was pretty tired yesterday :roll:

What year did the bonnet change? mines a March 1992, is that a late bonnet?

So if I got some of these MkIII bonnet lifters, would I have to drill & tap both bonnet & wing? Do they just 'bolt-on' to the mk3 or is that a drilling job....

Is it possible to get a nut on the thread on the underside of the wing, for extra security?

cheers

Riiiight, now I'm really confused! Am interested in buying/fitting to my early 16v, but can it be confirmed 100% that the items offered will fit with no drilling/tapping required. If i wait to see how these pan out with other people, will another buy be available in, say , a month or two's time? :?

The MKIII ones like mine need drilling to the bonnet but bolt into the hole in the wing that one of the bolts is in already that holds the wing on.

I believe the bonrath lifter is a single item and seems to be intrusive as the origional prop does, i want to know where the "lifters" fit & other ppl are wondering what they have to do to fit them if they are two or is it one? do you drill? if not, then where do they locate????

JasonSanders, over to you.

Chris