Abdul

9a 16v tuning chip

Hi guys, most of you will know Ive got another valver. It's got kr cams and cat back exhaust etc but I feel it's being strangled a bit at the top end by it's fueling. Now I've spoken to corradophil about this as he has successfully adjusted the fueling on his 9a but I was wondering if one of these could be a far easier to work with option??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Corrado-2-0-16V-KE-Motronic-Performance-Chip-/290526971174?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43a4c1c526#ht_500wt_922

I know a few of the vr boys have tried similar chips with good results so thought I'd ask. The timing and ignition has been adjusted by DG already I believe.

Thanks

Yes it has but the fueling wasn't adjusted.

It rev's cleanly to about 5.5k and then is pretty flat to 6.5k. I also have another flat spot around 3k...

No i don't think they actually map the fueling due to the 9a's arsey management.

I'll give them a bel on monday and see if they can do anything.

I'd give them a ring as they definately adjusted the fuelling on mine. It may just be the way the kr cams feel.

I'd never buy a £25 eBay chip. It's either a bodge job, or its a copy of someone elses hard work. Either way, it's a bad purchase.

, or its a copy of someone elses hard work.

Not being funny but thats fine by me. Either way I shall speak to Graham at some point tommorow and see what he says first...

Abdul the fueling was only touched at the top end, trust me its a 100x better at the top end than it was before the Map, but there is all ways more room to ad a touch more up there. :D

Give them a ring Im shore they will be more than Happy to sort it as it was the original map :D

Cheers dude, all is good now, I changed the plugs and that seemed to have sort everything lol.

It's chugging out a bit of blue smoke though which is never good... Either that or my eyes were seriously playing tricks, will update on that tommorow.

Hmmmm I believe that might be down to the valve stem seals if I remember correctly.

Gas flowed head would help sort that :cool:

Ahh yes that makes sense... No worries, i've got another head already but this ones special!!

Its smoking a fair bit more... I'll leave it until the new head goes on.

Thanks dude...