VRTrickster

VR6 Coil Pack Needed (East Sussex)

Has anyone got a non cracked good working order coil pack they can sell me please? Preferably near by East Sussex so I could pick it up. I could also have it sent I suppose. I was just hoping to get one for the weekend, cheers. Or even if someone wouldn't mind me just swapping their's over just for a quick run round the block maybe?

Edited by VRTrickster

If you're after something to get you motoring again for the weekend I have an old coilpack you can use temporarily. It was starting to miss a bit when wet and cold, but worked perfectly when warmed up.

I want to keep hold of it in the long run as it might come in useful for troubleshooting in the future, but it's yours to use for a few weeks if its any use.

I'm in West Sussex, so not a million miles away.

i`d just get one from gsf mate, 65

I'll think your find that is a coil for a dizzy VR? And the coil pack is £118.

Dan thanks, but mine isn't that bad that its not drivable. I think it may be freaking out my lambda sensor at idle. I can see a crack on the casing, not the resin bit. I'm going to give it a good spraying tonight! I really want a good second hand or new one really. Thanks for the offer though mate.

Oh right sorry. I've been looking through your thread and I have to say what a lovely corrado you have mate, well done! Do you know whereabouts in your build thread it is and are there pics? I'm gonna ring GSF now to see if they've got one in stock, cheers.

just phoned them and its 64 plus vat but i asked for discount and got the vat off.

569.jpg

568.jpg

Trickster

Are you still after a coil pack?

If so i have a friend that has a good one for sale, if your are intersted msg me and i will give you there number so you can deal with them direct,

They want £35 for it collected.

just phoned them and its 64 plus vat but i asked for discount and got the vat off.

569.jpg

568.jpg

Do you have the part number of the coil pack please as I can't find it on the gsf website.

569.jpg

568.jpg

Do you have the receipt with the part number on please as I can't find it on the GSF website!

I'll have to get it mail order as there not a GSF down this way.

Cheers C5 OEM, looks ok to me. The part number is 925VG0080, I called them today. If I can get a known working second hand one cheaper it would be better for me as I've just got laid of work. I'm not entirely sure its my problem really, I'm clutching at straws. I'm trying all I can before I hand it to Vince which I can't afford at the mo. The one I've got fitted is also a copy. It's been on three years now.

just take it off and check for obvious damage, 2nd hand ones normally sell for 40 and then no guarentee they do work

Yes I understand what your saying. But I'm not entirely sure its going to cure my problem. I've just got laid off work so I really can't be spending money on stuff that isn't the problem. That's why it might be better to swap with someone's known faultless pack, to be sure.