v8rumbler

windscreen washers not working

Tried to clear the front screen today but water did not emerge yet the pump was running. The fluid was only making it so far along the tubes. When I tried the rear that too was not working but I did get water emerging from the plastic hatch trim panel.

I discovered the plastic pipe which goes through the rear wiper is broken--- but would this account for the fronts not working? when the pump runs how does it know where to send the water? I am assuming that if the rear pipe is 'open ' then there will be insufficient pressure to wash the fronts!!!

Darren

i dont have the rear connected anymore but if i remember correctly the pump has two connections. one feeds the front and the other feeds the rear. when activating the pump via the dash its makes the motor rotat one way or the other to direct the flow to the relevent area.

there should be plenty of pressure to feed the front, have you followed the pipe from pump to both washer jets..any breaks? If not maybe the jets are clogged or the pump is tired/bust?

I had very poor flow out of mine, just a girlie dribble. I removed mine and steeped them in boiling water for a few minutes then blew them out with compressed air. Now there like new.

Well Mine had a non return valve -probably non original but either way it was 'non returning' in both directions. --All is now good!!

bet you have been polishing it again darren ,lol bet the jets are blocked .

Cheeky get ! Not washed either of them all year